FPS Help

FPS Help

Post 17 Feb 2011 04:34

So I am getting under 15 fps for the better part of raids. It seems like it is time for an upgrade but I dont know which to do first or what the newer upgrades are. I dont have much addons and my latency is generally under 75ms home and under 100ms world. Here are my specs and suggestions for what i should upgrade would be appreciated. Money is not an issue.

Windows Vista
8gb Ram
AMD Phenom 9850 Quad Core Processor 2.51ghz
Geforce GTS 250 x2

I should also mention that i run wow at 1680x1050
Multisampling x1
Vertical Sync & Projected textures Enabled
Texture Filtering is 4x
All other effects are Fair or Low and im still getting such bad fps. Thanks!

Re: FPS Help

Post 24 Feb 2011 13:39

Well, if money is not an issue, I would try the following: Upgrade your Windows Vista to Windows 7 64-bit (preferably).

Furthermore, I would suggest defragmenting your hard drive, as well as turning V-Sync off, it will use more system resources, but if it helps, it helps. With those specs, you should be able to run WoW in ultra all the way through, I believe the issue is software-oriented. Try and scan your computer for viruses, or even better, reformat your PC completely, if you got the WIndows 7 / Vista installation disc.

Post 25 Feb 2011 04:02

User avatarDiamondTear

Your CPU is too slow and not Intel and your GPU could be faster as well. If I were you I'd get Intel's new 2600K and overclock it once the motherboards are available.

Nikorash seems to be talking nonsense.

Post 26 Feb 2011 11:17

If you want to make sure that your computer spec´s are not good enough, try to find out if it isn´t an addon causing your fps issues. Download an addon called "Addon Control Panel", and while you're in the raid clearing trash, use it ingame to disable all your addons and see if the situation changes (I assume your fps issues are in a raid situation, wether it is clearing trash or doing bosses).

If the problem persists while you have no addons at all enabled, it is safe to say it atleast isn't an addon causing your fps issues. Then I'd start thinking about your computer specs.