Tanking UI pref @Lazeil

Tanking UI pref @Lazeil

Post 03 Apr 2011 00:44

Hey, I've posted on this forum before for issues concerning our 10 man raid and always had great advice so i thought id give it another shot. The guild has decided to swap out our inactive warrior tank, so i've been given the task to gear my paladin in prot for a few weeks farming. The gears slowly coming together and i had a sit down yesterday to take a look at producing an ui that would optimse my gameplay, on this point i reached an issue.

Mainly, the raid frames; through wotlk, i used the addon TauntMaster which lets you bind each key to a mouseover macro for each spell e.g. the two taunts. My original thought was too use this again, as it easily took us to 12/12 HM back in ICC, but on closer look at higher ranked tanks than myself the general trend seems to be swaying away from the idea of the addon's use. If a experienced tank and pref a prot paladin could comment on this subject, outlining the uses in using a raidframe such as Grid or Shadowed instead of TauntMaster, it would be greatly appreciated; in addition, if anybody could leave a basic idea of how the raid frames are used, it would be of great help e.g. do you click on the persons raidframe and then press the keybinding for your according spell? My main question towards this issue is how you monitor each players threat.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thank you.

Ben