Recount vs. Skada

Recount vs. Skada

Post 26 Oct 2011 09:22

I took a look through all 8 pages, and failed to find this topic. So my question being, which addon do you believe is better and why? Which addon is more lightweight than the other? Now of course as an addon that tracks dps/damage done/threat/deaths and so on and so forth, it will undoubtedly not be a lightweight addon, however in its functionality and execution of producing said data, is it possible that one of these addons does it better than the other? What are your reasons for using either addon and why?

"Saru mo ki kara ochiru" - "Even monkeys fall from trees."

Re: Recount vs. Skada

Post 26 Oct 2011 10:19

neither of them, I started using Numeration a while back and will never go back... Numeration is a bitch to customize, but it's superb.

Post 26 Oct 2011 18:17

lajkker wrote:neither of them, I started using Numeration a while back and will never go back... Numeration is a bitch to customize, but it's superb.

That's cool, but can you explain why it is superb? What about it makes it so great over Skada or Recount?

Edit: Spelling mistake.

Post 27 Oct 2011 16:56

If you whant to see the most specfig data for healing, you need to use skada since recount dont take abosorbtion as healing eks. disc priest wich will set them to do no healing.

Post 27 Oct 2011 17:54

I use Recount, never tried Skada and probably never will, unless someone proves to me that it is better.

Myiagros wrote:If you whant to see the most specfig data for healing, you need to use skada since recount dont take abosorbtion as healing eks. disc priest wich will set them to do no healing.

/recount config

Merge heals and absorb.

Profit.

Post 16 Jan 2012 12:32

Hi there

Did you notice an abusive use of memory system using both of these addons? Is there any way to make this guys not to use so much RAM? When there is a black phase or heavy aoe damage/healing, my video card dies in a blaze of glory, and it's entirely their fault.

Thanks

Post 20 Jan 2012 06:25

Is Skada more light weight than Recount?

Post 20 Jan 2012 06:44

If you disable modules you don't need, I think, yes.

Post 20 Jan 2012 07:47

User avatarGuromin

Hi,

It's my personal opinion that Skada is better than recount. I used recount for several tiers of content and fairly recently, in retrospect, made the switch. There's a few reasons I like Skada more than recount and I'll list them out:
  • Skada seems to be updated quicker when new content comes out and work better for that matter
  • Skada causes less errors (in my experience) and less crashes
  • Skada has the ability to show Enemy damage taken. Probably the biggest reason of all that I use Skada
  • Skada tacks what happens before someone's death
  • It's easier to switch between different views in Skada. No clicking arrows 100 time to swap from dps to heals.
  • You can disable parts of skada that are not important to you
  • Skada has additional mods you can download for it (like Ignite munching for Fire Mages)
  • Skada tracks dps as (Damage Done)/(time in fight). Recount does (damage done)/(time active in fight). Damage done is better, but this gives more realistic dps.
  • Skada also has a few other features in terms of damage analysis that recount does not.

The one thing I miss that Recount has and Skada does not, is a live dps graph. Not something I should really be looking at in a fight, but I like to know what works and what doesn't. The feature was helpful but not necessary by any means and also caused latency issues in some cases.

I hope this helps you decide :)

-Guromin