Maeil UI

Maeil UI

Post 12 Feb 2010 07:56

Hey guys. :)

So as the title say's, I need to know a addon that Maeil uses. The addon I'm searching for is her / his nameplates.
I use nameplates a lot, but I'm so tired of Blizzards own Nameplates. They're disgusting.

I've searched at Curse & Wowinterface on "nameplate" and other similar words, but no luck this far.

So if anyone could give me a heads-up of what he / she is using, please respond here or in-game ;).

Thanks in advance. :)

Re: Maeil UI

Post 12 Feb 2010 09:26

I'm not 100% sure what nameplates are being used there, but I do know that there is an addon called "Aloft" that allows you to customize the nameplates to your liking.

Post 12 Feb 2010 09:41

Do note that Aloft, like most other DogTags-using addons, is rather CPU-intensive.

I believe many of our non-tanks use Tidy Plates, which is less configurable than Aloft but uses a lot less CPU.

Post 13 Feb 2010 00:48

Although it looks to be a customized version of Aloft in his UI, I would strongly recommend TidyPlates to anyone looking for an improved nameplate addon from the stock UI.

TidyPlates is very clean & memory efficient, with many different skins (I personally recommend ThreatPlates for both tanks & non-tanks). However, there are other skins like CleanPlates that I think you'll find much, much more appealing than the standard Blizzard name plates.

You can find them on wowinterface.com

If you're dead set on mirroring Maeil's name plates, I guarantee you can do that with Aloft, if you're savvy enough with UI modification.

Post 13 Feb 2010 14:03

I myself got rid of aloft as well few days ago because one day before the raid my aloft profile just had disappeared, which was most likely because of wow error or something.

I started to look a new more lighter alternative to aloft, and I found nameplates called caelNameplates they are very lightweight but the downside is that you need to config em from .lua file.

The plates look tidy and fit well to my UI so I started to use em.

Post 18 Feb 2010 02:23

User avatarzYN

What Kruf means with "CPU-intensive" is that it'll destroy your FPS on anything but high-end machine. Same goes for Pitbull and whatnot - you've been warned. 8]