Resto UI question for arx!

Resto UI question for arx!

Post 17 Feb 2010 06:34

User avatarTemppis

Hi,

Could you list the addons you use and for what purpose you have each specific one?
I would also be very grateful if you could show a little "sneakpeek" of your UI to get my healing to the überlevel!

-teemu- :roll:

Re: Resto UI question for arx!

Post 17 Feb 2010 09:04

User avatararx

I'll try to remember to snatch a screenshot tonight and write a short recap.

arx / xaar

Post 17 Feb 2010 09:45

User avatarTemppis

Great! Thanks.

Post 17 Feb 2010 17:32

User avatararx

This should show the essentials: http://massif.fi/~arx/ui.jpg

The main part of the UI comprises of:
- Grid
- GridIndicatorCornerText
- GridStatusHots
- GridStatusLifebloom

All should be available on http://www.wowace.com.

The point is to have everything I need visible on Grid. The plugins enable me to put my hots' timers to the corners of the unit boxes. I have Rejuvenation at upper right, Wild Growth at lower right, Regrowth at upper left, and Lifebloom in the second center text indicator.

Right next to Grid I have my important cooldowns with TellMeWhen, unit frames for my own HP with Shadowed Unit Frames, cast bar and gcd indicator with Quartz, warnings from BigWigs, and debuffs from ElkBuffBars. The entire point is that I only have to move my eyes minimal amounts to see all the important stuff.

In TBC I used to have Grid on the left side of the character, because human peripheral vision works better horizontally than vertically (citation needed, yeah yeah). It gives you slightly better vision of the playing field for free while tunneling Grid, but I felt it ultimately obstructed too much of my view and made overall UI design harder.

The specific addons aren't really that important except for Grid and plugins, which I find unparalleled. If you need some addon named, I can of course do that, but the functionality is available from many different sources.

(PS. Pay no attention to the SCT addon (Parrot) on the right, I haven't finished configuring it and I just sort of dumped it there for now.)

arx / xaar

Post 17 Feb 2010 18:33

User avatarTemppis

That definitely cleared things out for me! Thanks for this. Keep up the great work!

Post 18 Feb 2010 19:53

I have a quick question about the bar along top of your screen with gold, etc. What addon(s) do you use to create that? I've been trying to figure that one out for quite a while :P

Post 18 Feb 2010 19:57

fubar

Post 25 Feb 2010 17:17

You got 150k gold? D:

And on topic, what addon is it that you have up in the left corner, that shows the Maintanks?

Post 26 Feb 2010 09:46

User avatararx

Nalimia wrote:You got 150k gold? D:

And on topic, what addon is it that you have up in the left corner, that shows the Maintanks?

Oh, that's just on that character.

The addon is called oRA2 (http://www.wowace.com/addons/ora2/) which supports both raidwide MT targets for all people with it and individually configurable player targets.

arx / xaar

Post 26 Feb 2010 11:45

Meh.

Thanks a lot, pretty much did a noob-out and made a total copy of your UI, time you play like the pros!