Post 25 Jan 2011 10:22

What is your chat addon called I really like that
btw here is my UI: http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy28 ... 160050.jpg

Re: Post your UI

Post 25 Jan 2011 12:40

Jetleeyo wrote:

What is your chat addon called I really like that
btw here is my UI: http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy28 ... 160050.jpg

It´s elvs Tukui! It´s no seperate Chat Addon!

Post 20 Mar 2011 00:50

Post 24 Mar 2011 00:29

Post 24 Mar 2011 17:22

ill probably get bashed for saying this, but i find a lot of these ui insanely cluttered, in particular i was very surprised when i saw some of the paragon member ui's being so cluttered. not that its straight up a bad thing ofc, if it works for them, which it clearly does that's awesome, but i personally think all that clutter would detract from whats going on and make full raid awareness difficult if mobs are spawning behind a frame and there's a mechanic going on in the corner i cant see etc etc.

heres mine on my fail alt dk. my main is a pally tank and the ui is mutli diverse, in that its not tank or healer or dps specific, it adjust for any class or role i play.

i should point out a few basics things. firstly, this is a truly heavily modded ui. i spent a looooong loooong time working on this and there a butt load of add ons involved. working out the conflicts and major lua's alone took over a week of hard work. the basic frame template is ofc lui, which a lot of ppl will recognize and i must give a big salute to the guy who came with with it coz i really like it. i did however strip out most of the modules and im running only the basic template. theres a heck of a lot of passive and raid functionality you cant see here, big brother and stuff like that, also i dont use the forte cd and uptime tracker on this char coz i simply dont need it this ui mod creates little or no latency and runs at about 90 ish addons and averages 25 mb ram usuage. that is not an exaggeration like most ppl think, they assume a lot of adds = high memory and will automatically coz lag, that is simply not true ands if you put the work in it can work easily. plus a heck of a lot of those adds are just "omfg prett ui" mods. as with all heavily modded ui's its work in transition and will never really be finished, as long as new and improved mods come out ill always be changing it.

i was intrigued by laz's statement on another post about threat based name plates being really important. ive not found that to be that case tbh, and id love to hear some opinions on why he or others would think that is so crucial.

Post 27 Mar 2011 23:00

Discipline Priest UI.

UI IDLE

UI in action

Credit goes out to Bati for inspiring me. Bati's UI can be found here.