Advanced Keybinding Question

Advanced Keybinding Question

Post 26 Mar 2010 05:51

Hey guys,

This is no real question, It´s more about your opinion.

I´d consider myself as a good Ret Paladin, I´ve been hardcore raiding for 2 years now and playing arena since the release of WotLK. (though max rating reached capped at 2350)

The thing is, my keybindings are a bit strange and I dont know if it is worth to swap to a regular set of bindings.

This is how they look: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7884/bindings.jpg

The red keys I got my fingers on, the blue keys (and key 5 and 6) are bound to my main abilities. Also I´m using alot of mousebuttons (for Sacred Shield, Flash of Light, Freedom, BoP and Cleanse).

The thing is, sometimes in PvP, but mostly in PvE I feel uncomfortable, because I cannot move via WASD and feel like I can improve my playstyle by using other keybindings.

(Like the Festergut Heroic fight, when you need to strafe because of the oozes, I just strafe jump because I am using my mouse to move, this is rly tricky and can cost you one autohit each "jump".)

Also, with the normal WASD setup I could use significantly more bindings because of the ALT, SHIFT and CTRL modifiers.

So the question is, would you recommend going for the standard setup, and practise the hell out of it to get used to it, or stay with my old bindings.

As a sidenote, I really want to improve my gameplay no matter what, so I am willed to practise to reach my goal.

Thanks for your answer and have a nice weekend!

Regards

EDIT: Sorry for posting into the wrong forum, I just noticed >_>

Re: Advanced Keybinding Question

Post 26 Mar 2010 14:49

User avatarzYN

Well you pretty much answered your own question imo - you want to become better, but you're limited by what you're using right now and you're also willing to learn a way that's got more potential.

WASD definitely isn't a bad way to go, most games even use that as default nowadays. Personally I've always played with ZXCD (with ZC strafe, DX controlling up/down instead of back/forward) which comes from playing old FPS games and having enough control even while moving and stuff. Works for me in every game, haven't found myself in a situation where I can't press any kind of important key while doing stuff.

TL;DR: Use whatever feels comfortable as long as you can still do everything that you need to be able to do and causes no extra delay.

Post 27 Mar 2010 14:47

Actually it's not really right place but I just don't feel like starting new topic. SO I'm just wondering - do you have your mounts binded anywhere (or maybe you just click them, like let's say profesions ;]) and if you have - where? I'm just interested what ppl use for their mount buttons.

Post 27 Mar 2010 14:51

ctrl+mouse5

Post 06 Apr 2010 00:20

You could just bind your movement keys to TDFG for example, or some other keys that fits your style, that way you could strafe.

Post 06 Apr 2010 13:01

i use a bind that i find good and simple. in adtion of those 1234567890 i use a secound bar binded to qefxcv,alt+q,alt+e,alt+1,alt+2,alt+3 since in my binds i can strafe using a single mouse button and a or d so it goes with lots on button on a close range around of the move buttons it became to me very good and efficient.