Grid, target player and mouseover?(healing)

Grid, target player and mouseover?(healing)

Post 10 May 2010 03:32

Hello.

Ive seen on some vids from Paragon there some of the healers take target on the people they are healing, but that cant really be good, can it? I mean, look at this vid for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh7kQkQk ... PL&index=0

(its your 25m LK vid), between 1.50 > 1.56 or something, you see how he(or she) first just hover the targets in Grid, then take target and then do the spell(prolly shield at first), I mean, how do you do that?

Imo its not that powerful to click the targets and then press the healing spell/shield or w/e. Wouldnt it be better if you like just.. get clique and klick on your mouse to do the spell?

I (HOPE) understand that this healer uses mouseover macros but still, how do he/she take target when he/she uses mouseover?

Tell me if you do not understand what I mean and i'll try to explain better.

Re: Grid, target player and mouseover?(healing)

Post 10 May 2010 07:12

A normal healing mouse over macro simply heals the target, nothing else.

Your wondering if there is a macro that auto targets the player that you just healed without having to click them, so you basically target then by just hovering over them.

Tried to explain it a bit better for ya, but I am not sure how/if it can be done, there are quite a few healers that click their target and then cast a spell, a lot of healers probably started out that way for quite a while until learning mouse over macros.

Post 10 May 2010 08:32

You are looking at Zhinn yes? From what I can see he is NOT using any mouseover macro's for his healing spells. So yes he just clicks on the target and starts healing.. You can see because he doesnt have any addon to hide the macro text and in the right you see some cancelaura macro from anub hc ;)

Hope this answers your question.

but im sure something like this would work:

#showtooltip Flash Heal
/target [target=mouseover]
/cast [target=mouseover,exists][] Flash Heal

Post 10 May 2010 08:44

Suppa wrote:You are looking at Zhinn yes? From what I can see he is NOT using any mouseover macro's for his healing spells. So yes he just clicks on the target and starts healing.. You can see because he doesnt have any addon to hide the macro text and in the right you see some cancelaura macro from anub hc ;)

Hope this answers your question.

but im sure something like this would work:

#showtooltip Flash Heal
/target [target=mouseover]
/cast [target=mouseover,exists][] Flash Heal

Well, when I make a macro I just make a Space instead of a name on the macro =) So I dont get any macro names and so on.

but imo, it still doesnt make sense that "elite-players" choose to CLICK their targets and waste like 1 sec to get their healing out instead of just using mouseover/clique, it may be just me but yea :p it makes no sense to me.

If someone got an explanation, please say cuz im clueless lol

Post 10 May 2010 09:51

What about if you click the person you always heal the right, you make no mistakes... with mouseover you can make a mistake by hovering on the side or whatsoever... Could mean a wipe..

It took me quite some time to get used to mouseover macros aswell.. I always just clicked the frames. But imo its just a personal preference. It has nothing to do with elite players or players who are less elite then the guys from paragon here.

Some like vuhdo, some like grid, some like grid+clique, some prefer the default raid frames... :)

Endless discussions :D

Post 10 May 2010 10:09

Suppa wrote:What about if you click the person you always heal the right, you make no mistakes... with mouseover you can make a mistake by hovering on the side or whatsoever... Could mean a wipe..

It took me quite some time to get used to mouseover macros aswell.. I always just clicked the frames. But imo its just a personal preference. It has nothing to do with elite players or players who are less elite then the guys from paragon here.

Some like vuhdo, some like grid, some like grid+clique, some prefer the default raid frames... :)

Endless discussions :D

Well, the discussion or the question I have is how do they target the player and then heal.

That sounded stupid, I mean its just click the frame and heal but what I mean is that they heal so fast. Its like they heal at the same time they target the person, thats my question - how do they do that?

Post 10 May 2010 11:06

That sounded stupid, I mean its just click the frame and heal but what I mean is that they heal so fast. Its like they heal at the same time they target the person, thats my question - how do they do that?

I'm assuming they do something similiar to what I do myself;

With left hand (keyboard), keep spamming whatever heal spell you want to cast
With right hand (mouse), change targets by clicking on eg. Grid frames.

If you click your next healing target, while the previous heal is still casting, you will seamlessly move through casts. Just keep hammering on the keyboard while moving through heal targets.

Post 10 May 2010 11:29

Suppa wrote:What about if you click the person you always heal the right, you make no mistakes... with mouseover you can make a mistake by hovering on the side or whatsoever... Could mean a wipe..

If you´re mouse settings are the right for you & you configurated your interface in the best way for yourself there shouldn´t be any situation in that you healing the wrong person with mouseover.

When the spells you use are bound on your mousekeys you can play some lame fights only with ur mouse & do something else in that time. (But u shouldn´t :x)

Post 10 May 2010 12:17

Most casts got atleast 1 second cast time, or have the GCD. By targetting the one you want to heal, and cast the spell, you can already select your new target so you dont have to move when ure spells GCD comes off... It just requires fast responds...

When I am casting Prayer of healing it takes arround 1.5sec with some procs. In that 1.5 sec im chosing whoever I want to heal after my spell is ready and i just have to select what heal I would like to choose..

It doesnt sound that stupid or wierd or whatsoever... That you think its strange that people use it doesnt mean its bad...

Again; its a personal preference.

Post 11 May 2010 12:48

Its a matter of preference when it comes to how a person heals. And obviously they are getting the job done - so no reason to switch it up or try something different that could further confuse the player.