Visiting Vancouver

Visiting Vancouver

Post 04 Nov 2010 11:22

It seems like I'll be sent to Vancouver for a few weeks for some work related things, so I'd love to hear if there's any places I should definitely visit while in there. I should have at least one full weekend for tourism, so visiting places outside the city might also be an option.

And of course if someone wants to meet up and chat about WoW and raiding that might also be possible to arrange.

Re: Visiting Vancouver

Post 10 Nov 2010 13:10

lol, well man, i don't know about Vancouver but if one of your were to visit Havana someday just let me know.

Post 10 Nov 2010 17:32

User avatarLadan

Kruf wrote:It seems like I'll be sent to Vancouver for a few weeks for some work related things, so I'd love to hear if there's any places I should definitely visit while in there. I should have at least one full weekend for tourism, so visiting places outside the city might also be an option.

And of course if someone wants to meet up and chat about WoW and raiding that might also be possible to arrange.

Hey Kruf

Vancouver is amazing. I was there in February for the Olympics. The whole place is beautiful... north from there are some mountainous areas, too, like Whistler. Try to go there if you can. I liked the food, atmosphere, people.... very cool vibe. Of course it helps when you're there during a huge event like the Olympics.

Lucky you :)

Ladan

Post 10 Nov 2010 22:12

Son of a crapshoot, I live an hour from Vancouver but alas I am a poor college student. You will have fun it is amazing there and the food is phenomenal. Also some of the nicest people ever.

Post 11 Nov 2010 09:44

Get tickets for the Canucks :D

Admittedly they are not Montreal Canadiens good... but hey its still a NHL game ;)

/Z

Post 11 Nov 2010 09:48

zeretiuz wrote:Get tickets for the Canucks :D

Admittedly they are not Montreal Canadiens good... but hey its still a NHL game ;)

Never been much of an ice hockey fan, but I'll consider it ;)

Post 11 Nov 2010 11:21

User avatarxenophics

Having know Kruf in real life for around 4-5 years it's really hard to picture him in a hockey match. But I guess he can still surprise me! :)

Post 11 Nov 2010 13:33

It doesn't matter that much being a hockey fan or not, but to watch a match it's something else, give it a try.

Post 11 Nov 2010 13:42

User avatarxenophics

Mm, you are right Chris. I bet it's like visiting Assembly (Finland's biggest lanparty at Hartwall Arena) or similar event. Even if you aren't that much into gaming the experience is easily worth it.

Post 12 Nov 2010 01:31

Hey man. I'm a wow'er to obivisouly. Anyways. I live in victoria 45-1hr from Van. would love to meet you and show you around if you would like ?..Let me know when you leave! hope you have a terrific time! it's a beautiful place down here.

-Also. If any other wow'ers down here would love to chat and meet love to meet wow players :) (I'm normal don't worry :D). <--18, male. LMAO!