Deathwing raid.

Deathwing raid.

Post 19 Apr 2011 17:05

Hello my dear fellows!

First of all, I'd like to start with the following question.

When do you think the raid content with Deathwing will be released? Calculating the release of Icecrown Citadel, it seems it will be released around christmas time 2011. I might be mistaken.

Then, over to my point with this post.

Looking back at your world first Lich King 25r kill, the fact that many guilds didn't even kill him on heroic mode before cataclysm was released, AND that you cleared the first tier of raiding content within a month or two after the release of Cataclysm, it seems that the deathwing raid will be totally twisted. My point with this post is that I believe the deathwing raid will be too easy for you. But I guess blizzard has finally got this in their small heads. Will they create the encounter too hard for you? If this happens, no other guilds (Not including Method, Ensidia, For The Horde, Stars, Blood Legion and Premonition and the other top guilds among #50, #100) will even make it to the last boss which would then be Deathwing (Exceptions happens). This post is not to "complain", however, I just want your opinion about the situation we might get in to. Personally I don't care about it at all, it's just a random off-topic I wrote because of boredom.

Re: Deathwing raid.

Post 20 Apr 2011 16:43

User avatarzaqxswcd95

Tittzi wrote:Hello my dear fellows!

First of all, I'd like to start with the following question.

When do you think the raid content with Deathwing will be released? Calculating the release of Icecrown Citadel, it seems it will be released around christmas time 2011. I might be mistaken.

Then, over to my point with this post.

Looking back at your world first Lich King 25r kill, the fact that many guilds didn't even kill him on heroic mode before cataclysm was released, AND that you cleared the first tier of raiding content within a month or two after the release of Cataclysm, it seems that the deathwing raid will be totally twisted. My point with this post is that I believe the deathwing raid will be too easy for you. But I guess blizzard has finally got this in their small heads. Will they create the encounter too hard for you? If this happens, no other guilds (Not including Method, Ensidia, For The Horde, Stars, Blood Legion and Premonition and the other top guilds among #50, #100) will even make it to the last boss which would then be Deathwing (Exceptions happens). This post is not to "complain", however, I just want your opinion about the situation we might get in to. Personally I don't care about it at all, it's just a random off-topic I wrote because of boredom.

I would like to add a question to this: What will the Deathwing kill title be? For Arthas we had Kingslayer, so what for Deathwing?

Post 20 Apr 2011 22:04

Well, they've already used "Dragonslayer".

Post 21 Apr 2011 05:49

User avatarxenophics

Deathwingslayer?

Post 21 Apr 2011 07:36

Sounds boring. What about (NAME) - The one who saved the world.

Post 21 Apr 2011 11:11

User avatarxenophics

I prefer shorter names; stuff like "Starcaller" or "Death's Demise" just sound way cooler than "Champion of the Frozen Wastes" or "Defender of a Shattered World". This is just my opinion tho.

Post 21 Apr 2011 13:48

Actually, I agree. However, I like both types of titles tho

Post 21 Apr 2011 15:02

User avatarLadan

Tittzi wrote:Actually, I agree. However, I like both types of titles tho

Reallydeaddeathwing?

Post 21 Apr 2011 19:19

User avatarJhazrun

Tittzi wrote:When do you think the raid content with Deathwing will be released?

Internally slated for Q1 of 2012, but bleeds into late spring.

Tittzi wrote:Will they create the encounter too hard for you?

Encounter design operates with a budget split between challenge, complexity, and balance. It's surprisingly difficult to assemble something "really hard" without cutting too deep into the other two. Isolated sub-bosses like Atramedes get away with such a weighted split, but the finale of an expansion can't. As a result, designers of high-profile encounters oftentimes employ complexity valves — such as heavy add spawns — to artificially stretch their budget.

TL;DR: Deathwing's "difficulty" revolves around the adds' HP. The encounter is "too hard" until sufficient gear is acquired.

zaqxswcd95 wrote:What will the Deathwing kill title be?

<Name>, Worldmender

Post 10 May 2011 13:58

User avatarzaqxswcd95

Jhazrun wrote:
zaqxswcd95 wrote:What will the Deathwing kill title be?

<Name>, Worldmender

I like!