Favorite Media Player?

Re: Favorite Media Player?

Post 14 Aug 2010 15:01

The visible ones are following:

Columns UI Most important one
Peakmeter Spectrum Visualisation
Waveform seekbar

+ Lyric show panel nowdays

If you download these plugins and extract them to foobar2000/components -folder you can use my layout file to get the foobar look like mine does.

First download the file somewhere to your computer.

In Foobar:
File->Preferences ->Display->Columns UI ->Main tab -> Inside the "FCL importing and exporting" -box ->click Import and select the file. If you get some errors you might miss some plugins needed.

Post 14 Aug 2010 16:08

User avatarUnshakable

maeil wrote:The visible ones are following:

Columns UI Most important one
Peakmeter Spectrum Visualisation
Waveform seekbar

+ Lyric show panel nowdays

If you download these plugins and extract them to foobar2000/components -folder you can use my layout file to get the foobar look like mine does.

First download the file somewhere to your computer.

In Foobar:
File->Preferences ->Display->Columns UI ->Main tab -> Inside the "FCL importing and exporting" -box ->click Import and select the file. If you get some errors you might miss some plugins needed.

Thanks, that's really helpful. Much appriciation for the info.

Are you able to burn cd's with foobar2000? Does it require a plugin? If not, what do you use?

Post 14 Aug 2010 17:34

I haven't never needed that feature but looks like there is a plugin for it.

http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_burninate

Post 14 Aug 2010 20:56

User avatarmeth

Been adopting your "theme" now maeil. I like it but in the end I'd only need the track information, the playlist and the playlists.

So far the way to create a theme still doesn't get to me. Been playing around with it but still need to grasp the logic.

The trackinformation, e.g. title, duration etc... that is seen on the top center box is custom made I suppose. Regular one shows only artist and title for me.

Post 14 Aug 2010 22:22

Yep the columns UI layout editor can get pretty confusing. Basicly you cut segments for objects using splitters, at start the area is one big sheet. The splitters and objects are "read" from top to bottom and left to right.

You can see how the splitters function from this screenshot

I enabled showing of the captions for splitters and oriented them properly to show how splitters crop the area.

The track information is inside the "Item details" object, click it and then click the configure button and you can copypaste or modify the the text showing.

You can also enable more minimalistic item detail bar by going to status bar tab and checking "Show status bar", at the bottom you can insert the code for item details you wish to show.

Foobar title format scripts