Rogue discussion

Re: Question for rogues

Post 06 Mar 2010 02:45

Hey, quick recovery doesn't have a real dps value as your finishers should be hitting nearly every time anyway. I decided to go one point in vigor which is a dps increase as I have Heartpierce (stated here)and often am almost capping on energy during bloodlust.

ICC is full of fights where you need to move a lot and switch targets. So you should definitely spec 1 or 2 points in fleet footed with those last points as according to Mavanas (author of the rogue simsheet) here it's really a huge amount of lost dps for not doing so.

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Asking Maeil

Post 08 Mar 2010 07:27

Hi (and first off the bat, gratz for all that amazing stuff you guys are doing ^^).

Well, my question is fairly simple; at the start of a fight (boss, aka Saurfang, where we have all the time we want to start up) which is, in your experience, the best startup in the use of Combats CD's?

From playing combat for a while (and kinda starting to hate it cuz' of the need to mantain Expose Armor on the boss in the absence of a prot warrior...don't even ask ¬¬) I find the best way is getting 3cp, get S&D up, throw BF+KS (while still under the haste pot), use the near full energy (never got to cap, tho, sometimes lagg butts in and messes things up) with, like, 2-3 SS and then I kick in the AR, doing a 5cp Evis followed by a 5cp S&D (mostly) and from there I go with the "normal" rotation (refreshing S&D as its to fall off, 5cp Evis + 50-60 energy pooling).

My idea is that the lost seconds in delaying the longest CD by using the others up first while under the +500 haste pot (and the +20% from KS) are worth it, instead of using AR first cuz' of the longer CD.

Thats all thinking of a "normal" situation, nothing like saving BF for Putri's add or anything else of that sort.

Thanks in advance.

PD: like your UI ^^ and hope I'll be able to pull somewhat close to 9,5k on Putri (my best was 7,9k on the normal version, but part of it could be due to be playin' with an old coffee machine instead of a pc with under 10 fps on bosses ¬¬).

Re: Asking Maeil

Post 08 Mar 2010 11:23

Hey goldesin,

I'll describe the beginning of the Saurfang HM from my point of view:

Before the fight starts I check that I am at max melee range from boss so I can't get initial aggro when the boss comes active, precast tricks on tank so I can start nuking instantly after fight starts.

I start the fight by using haste potion just before combat starts so I can use another potion later on in combat when we use bloodlust.

Combat starts--
1x SS->SnD
2-3x SS depending on combat potency procs
Alright, my energy is now below 40, boss has 3-4 sunders at this time, I use my berserking and bladeflurry followed by immediate killing spree or one sinister strike if my energy is rising fast due combat potency procs.

After killing spree ends I am most likely very high on energy so I use 1x SS to use some and then I'll use my AR, I use 4-5 cp evi at this point so my SnD wont drop (one sinister strike glyph proc at the beginning at any SS crit pretty much gurantees my first evi to be 5cp).

So my SnD has few seconds left in it, I use sinister strike to get 2cp and use 2x 5cp evisecrates before refreshing SnD (AR on), if I get bad rng with combat potency and zero ss glyph procs I might need to start pooling energy with 3cp after first 5cp evi and use SnD instead.

After that I just use 2-3cp refreshing SnD and eviscerate with 5cp.
---
About the Cd usage.

Atleast in our mainraids and specifically in saurfang the boss dies well before I could have a chance to use 3rd AR, and I always had time to use second AR so far. For me AR is used no more than max 10 seconds later than all other cd.s so I doubt changing the CD rotation would be more efficient, since when using killing spree as early as possible you might get one extra killing spree in the fight.

Post 10 Mar 2010 02:30

Thanks por the fast answer (and sorry por reading it so late, had some stormy weather here in Spain and like 13-15h w/o any electricity in my zone, while having around -10º, which is veeery cold for us).

Then, from what you say, I see its a better way cuz' you SnD earlier (after only 1 SS, unlike myself after getting 2-3 SS in, for atleast 3 cp). The only thing (after trying on a dummy w/o any de/buffs) is that, as you mention, after using AR right after depleting some energy gained from the KS with an SS, I see how you squeeze a 4-5 cp Evis but after that you barely got 2s of SnD left, if the initial SS didnt give 2 cp (still, would have to try it out in an actual raid, rng, all buffs and such).

So I take you mean to use AR ( and while that fist AR still lasts), you perform a 4-5 cp Evis, a 2 cp SnD refresh, and then the mentioned 1/2x 5 cp Evis before gettning/pooling for the next SnD refresh.

---> after some more extense (aka some more trys, not only one ^^') dummy testing I figured its well possible, and fairly simple after getting the hang of the small twist in the initial startup. Anyways it only fits all in if the very first SS gives me 2 cp, while in an raid situation it would still fit even with an 1 cp SnD startup (thats my wild guess here, but Ill make sure to try it out tomorrow starting the next lockout).<---

And one last thing; after the startup, being it my "old" or yours, after all that I almost always (alas some fights or very bad rng/SS Glyph procs) fit in 2x 5 cp Evis before I have to worry 'bout the SnD refresh (w/o AR, only raid de/buffs) and by doing that I also often find myself (where my priority is to never let the SnD drop) refreshing SnD with 5 cp just at the limit, sometimes with >1s left.
This, in its own way gives me more space to fit those 2x 5 cp Evis in. But I suspect that it would be better to just refresh it with, say, max 3 cp + pooling (if possible in that given moment, ofcourse).

^^' sorry for the long bulk, and thanks again por the fast answer.

Rogue kysymyksiä

Post 11 Mar 2010 14:01

Tervehdys, en jaksa englanniks kirjotella ettei tuu väärinkäsityksiä ^^

elikkäs oon pelannu mutulaattorina jo pitkää ja rupee tympimään ja alottelen tässä combat gearin vääntöä.
geari on tommonen http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... Suolestaja

(jos ei logannu väärällä gearilla ulos): on http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50021 hanskat ja t10 hattu tulossa tuotapikaa.
niin mites tää gemipuoli? vedänkö suoraa all in arp saisin pikkasen yli 720 kiintee arp mutta AP tippuisi noin 600
vai pysyäkkö AP siihen asti että kertyy hiukka enemmän tuota ARP gearia enneku vaihtaa gemit?
ja muutenki minkälaisissa lukemissa esim AP CRIT HIT ARP kannattaa pitää tuossa combat specis et irtois mahd suuri DPS.
mutilaattorina saa irti sen 11-12k tank&spank ja kerkesin koittamaan combattia tuolla gearilla (set2) ja jäi noin tuohon reilu 10k tuntumaan pyörimään samoissa bosseissa.

eli mitä kannattaisi ensimmäiseski tehdä että pääsis vauhtiin tossa combat gearauksessa

Post 11 Mar 2010 19:38

Weeh!
Last night got an great result on Putri normal with 8,9k!
Well, it sure has to be tied with some gear upgrade (emblems belt+cape) but still, thanks for the help and fast answers.

PD: only got measly 10,2k on Saurfang (behind our 2 assesination rogues both slightly passing 11k) but we also had a hell of a lag problem at that time (had to smash a skill for 3s till it actually was performed, having 1000+ MS and less than 4 FPS and the Blood Beasts performing amazing blinks for everyones eyes ¬¬) so it was all based on intuition and such I guess.

Re: Warlocks question for Diivil

Post 13 Mar 2010 11:49

i got a question about my lock and i thought you could help me ;)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Danera
here is my armory and i would ask you if I should gem into hit till i reach the cap or gem into +sp and +hit/+spir, and if you recommend me to respec into another talent tree? ;)

thx in advance ;)

Rogue question to Paragon rogues...

Post 17 Mar 2010 03:19

You guys going to use 4 t10 in any moment? Any chance to see anything like a wish list?

Re: Rogue discussion

Post 17 Mar 2010 07:26

Probably after the next minor patch, or when I get 3 heroic tier pieces.

As for the whishlist, well any equipable item from icc 25HC with arp on it is an upgrade. So I just try to grab what I can.

Re: Rogue discussion

Post 17 Mar 2010 15:03

About Tiny Abom, what do u think? i have one and i think its not the better of the trinkets... what trinkets u going to use?