Rogue discussion

Re: Rogue discussion

Post 27 May 2010 22:35

sevéz wrote:Hi again. Shall rogues go for cap on ArP ? or stay around 95 % ?

You should get as close as possible, but the combination of gear that can be obtained in ICC makes get de cap very hard or even impossible if not gimping stats like Expertise por Hit.

Post 02 Jun 2010 10:41

Hey :)..

I got a question,,

I saw Rakez on armory, and i saw that he specced and used Glyph of Rupture, but is it worth using Rupture?.. And even spec for it?.. But as i can see, speccing Rupture gives you the chance to get 3/3 in Ruthlessness..

Post 02 Jun 2010 13:24

Short answer: Yes.
If you want a longer one I think I've posted about it earlier in this very thread.

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 02 Jun 2010 13:44

Hey,

I have a guildy who I believe is confused about when to gem arp. Is there a certain gear threshold where arp becomes better than agility? Or are there key items you need to obtain before making the switch?

Thanks.

Post 02 Jun 2010 13:56

No idea, tell him to download the spreadsheet in my signature and test his own gear.

Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 02 Jun 2010 16:36

To Daoud,

I have not done a lot of research on this, and probably should before posting, but to my knowledge ArP gets better as you get more of it. Right now the spreadsheet tells me that with my spec and current gear it is better to gem Agi. However if you have all agi gems in all the time it can skew the results of changing just one Agi gem to an ArP gem. What I do is keep 2 sheets one with ArP every place I can have it, and one with Agi in every place that it is suitable. This way I can see what is better for me currently. The only reason it is not good for me at the moment is I am missing some key pieces of ArP gear. I hope this helps answer your question. And if I am way off base please someone feel free to correct me. But like Rakez said, the spreadsheet is an amazing tool for checking.

Post 04 Jun 2010 23:14

Hey I've been assassination since WoTLK Came out and saw alot of the top DpS ROgue were Combat. So...ive been thinking if i should switch to combat now while I have 1 Arp Axe (The one from Gunship) or wait to get some more ARP Gear?

Also for Now i need some help on gems and rotation for assassination and a rotation for combat once i switch so if you could please include that into the reply also i would gladly appreciate it.

Heres My Armory!
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &cn=Detoxz

Post 08 Jun 2010 01:23

Hi, i have a question about expose armor. What is a good rotation to use to incorporate using expose armor in a rupture spec. I have read what you guys have said in these posts and it has helped my dps significantly. I can now get the timers right to were i can get the 4 SnD/5 Rup rotation and barely ever see rupture fall off. My only question is how can expose armor be incorporated with it seeing as how my 10 man group has no warrior with us to put up the sunders?

Post 08 Jun 2010 05:17

Detoxz wrote:Also for Now i need some help on gems and rotation for assassination and a rotation for combat once i switch so if you could please include that into the reply also i would gladly appreciate it.

So what you're saying is you need help with anything and everything? In that case first download the spreadsheets in my signature, then proceed to read the different threads in the elitist jerks forums. Also reading through this topic might help as the "when to switch to arp" has been answered even on this very page.

Stárscrem wrote:What is a good rotation to use to incorporate using expose armor in a rupture spec.

Keeping expose up gives you better dps than keeping rupture up ever will, even without considering the gain other physical dps classes get from it. So you should try keeping it up as much as possible while also keeping snd up and rupturing when you can. Haven't thought of any specific rotation for doing this, but your rupture uptime will be pretty low if you're keeping expose up, no matter how you go about doing it.

Also, someone asked about deadly poison keeping the damage bonus of tricks thoughout the fight if it doesn't drop. I haven't tested this out myself, so I can't really give an answer. I tried searching in EJ but without much luck and to me it doesn't really even matter. I'm getting tricks on the first wave anyway. If you really want to find out this should be quite easy to test on target dummies, first removing all proc items and running deadly poison on the dummy for a while without dropping it and without having tricks. After that just repeat with a rogue casting tricks on you once in the beginning. Comparing the average numbers should give you an answer.

Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 11 Jun 2010 19:37

Just wondering, for a rogue with 263 hit rating (8.02%) is it better to use Instant Poison on the mainhand, rather than offhand? Based off 8% meaning your main hand can't miss, so in theory it'll be hitting more than your OH will be, causing more Instant Poison proccs? Or am I just being retarded? :D

Been going with deadly MH instant OH for a while now after reading it off of EJ, but that was when I had over 350 hit rating.