Rogue discussion

Re: Rogue discussion

Post 12 Jun 2010 11:31

Instant poison is PPM, so it has a higher chance of proccing (per hit) the slower your weapon speed is. You should be aware of which weapon you put the poison on, not which hand. Deadly benefits from a fast weapon because it has a static % chance of proccing. Thus instant naturally goes on the slower one.

After you get your poisons the right way around you can start thinking about which of the weapons has higher dps. Higher dps one always goes to your main hand and if you happen to have 2 similar dps weapons it's better to have the faster one in your MH. In case both of your weapons are of similar speed and dps the one with deadly poison should be in your main hand. This of course applies only to mutilate.

Even if you have 8% (or whatever) worth of hit rating your main hand will be able to miss. As long as you have a weapon in your offhand your white attacks will have the 27%(I think it's 27, doesn't really matter) chance of missing before you factor in any talents or hit rating. Special attacks have a 8% chance of missing, most of that is already attainable from combat talents so basically you need only 3% of hit rating to make yellow attacks hit 100%. You should however aim to keep your hit rating at the poison hit cap, which is 236 with all raid buffs and 5/5 precision.

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 13 Jun 2010 10:35

Thanks, that cleared up alot of stuff

Post 13 Jun 2010 13:06

Hello there i had a question,

Link : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... e&cn=Riccz

Spreadsheet is telling me to go for +40 AP yet im not sure if its Updated to the heroic Proc's and Gemming.

My question is , Would it be best to gem full AP again or is Haste+Tiny abom heroic still superior ?

Post 13 Jun 2010 15:24

Hey riccz.

Same realm :) pity ur from the dark side.....

Anyway i put your gear into my sheet and its recommending full AP, however don't go full ap, just gem ap until it says to gem haste or ap/haste again.
This is because the sheet only gives a slot by slot optimisation. i changed about 4 gems and it recommended haste again, its a balance

gz on sindyHC btw.

Post 13 Jun 2010 16:55

Hey , Thanks for that , i normaly never use a SS since i knew by heart what to gem for etc , but since the new trinket and diffrent Rogues saying diffrent stuff , this rly helped so thanks for that m8 :)

Post 15 Jun 2010 13:36

Hello Paragon rogues,
I just read some new changes on rogue talents in cataclysm.
Here is the new talent tree:
http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#f

It is obvious that there will be some talents in the combat tree that are unnecessary for PvE combat rogues (more armor, recuperate, etc), what are your thoughts on this? Do you think more rogues will be changing to Assassination PvE? After all in order to get to the "Required Points" in moving down tiers in the talent tree will waste many talent points.

Would combat PvE still be as good in cataclysm?

Post 16 Jun 2010 16:23

I think the current assassination in the alpha will see an overhaul in the upcoming builds. Judging from combat and the statements that blizzard has given they want the trees to have spots where you need to pick utility talents to move forward and right now the alpha-assassination is pretty bloated with dps talents and the same goes for subtlety.

The thing I'm kinda bummed about is the variety of filler talents in combat. Everything except endurance and imp sprint seem useless in pve and I'd like to see some of them changed to give a bit more pve utility. When you compare stuff like Imp Gouge, Deflection, Reinforced Leather, Unfair Advantage, Throwing Spec, Imp Kick and both of the recuperate talents to say Fleet Footed, Quick Recovery, Imp Expose, Deadly Brew, Dirty Tricks, Elusiveness, Enveloping Shadows or Cheat Death you can see the clear difference in the quality of the talents.

The mastery system is there to help balance the trees, even though there might be differences initially blizzard can always tweak the values of mastery bonuses to make the specs about even. This might cause us to not see such huge changes as rupture having crit built in or the recent deadly poison change, but atleast it's an easy way to keep things decently balanced. Personally I think we will be fine as they're giving us more of the same we have been given until now and it has worked fine for quite a while. Would be nice to see something new for a change though. For example that combo point self-stacking is long overdue and I still don't think redirect is going to cut it with 1 min cd.

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 26 Jun 2010 12:24

Hi rogues of Paragon, i dont really know which one of you are the Assassination rogue since you kind of all have both speccs. That is why i leave this question for all rogues in Paragon.

Question: What is the best trinket for ass rogues? Deaths Choice (normal) or Whispering Fanged Skull (also normal)

Also, what are the best in slots trinket in the whole game for ass rogues ?

Thanks =)

Post 26 Jun 2010 14:17

bobbo101 wrote:Hi rogues of Paragon, i dont really know which one of you are the Assassination rogue since you kind of all have both speccs.

Also, what are the best in slots trinket in the whole game for ass rogues ?

Heh, did you even check our specs? because i am the only one with assasination spec, anyways, BiS trinkets are Herkuml War Token and Tiny Abomination in a Jar

and answer to your question would be Whispering Fanged Skull.

Post 28 Jun 2010 02:47

This applies to mutilate as I can't model it in a spreadsheet (Spreadsheet has limitations on what OH weapons you can use).

If you have the choice between the 245H Dirk of the Night Watch & 271 LK normal weapon, which would you use in your OH? My belief is that the fast weapon will allow more IP procs but a guildy thinks that the weapon damage outweighs the speed because of the vast difference in Ilevel.

Thank you.