Rogue discussion

Re: Rogue discussion

Post 28 Jun 2010 04:41

I made account just for one question, couldnt stand more.

Rakez, are you a clicker?

Post 28 Jun 2010 11:09

Nah, I just don't need to be reminded what my bind for killing spree is every time I check the cooldown.

On the mutilate question. Think you need to update your spreadsheet to the newest one if that's the case. Atleast my spreadsheet has both of those available in the offhand selection. Even if they weren't you could add them by unhiding the gear sheet. Assuming you have only 1 fast weapon available you should use that, using 2 slow daggers is just not something you want to be doing.

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 30 Jun 2010 21:27

Hello, Here I cannot what take between spé rupture and spé evis but I notice in the logs fights that not badly rogue were in spe rupture? more opti is it on a boss moving? I would like to know the cycle which you use in spé rupture and spé evis please?

Sorry my english is bad :x

Thx

Hope

Post 01 Jul 2010 06:26

User avatarmeth

Congratulations Nakkimon on being the newest Paragon fullmember.

<ringuh> i try to avoid being sober when doing any kinda pugs

Post 01 Jul 2010 13:01

Yeah, maybe in a few months we can discuss about rolling on who has to get the enrages off on LK when our hunters are slacking. Until then he's still the one who gets the priviledge.

Rupture is mainly dependent on the fact that it can actually tick for the whole duration before the mob dies, movement doesn't really have a big effect. Eviscerate might be better on some bosses, but the single target advantage on rupture specs is big enough to make it a better overall choice. If you look at the log sites you'll see that nearly everyone plays rupture nowadays. Rotations have already been discussed earlier in this thread so I won't go over those again. Basically experiment yourself and refer to the spreadsheet as it gives a decent suggestion on what to do.

Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 01 Jul 2010 14:41

How much haste should you gem for as a mutilate rogue. According to the spreadsheet (Aldriana's Mutilate_1.3.3) i should go full out 20 haste + 3 jc haste gems, and go with stark in all red slot except 3. + it say that Mongoose is better then berserking but i seriously doubt that. If i gem like that ill end up with 954 haste rating. According to iDPS i should go with stark in all the yellow slots, but on my friends computer it say that i should go with Quick.

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... Skinfather

Post 01 Jul 2010 15:58

Again, as I've probably said countless times in this thread (didn't check, I'm counting on it!), there are no magical numbers in stats you *should* have. However, it's *good* to have certain amounts of hit for example. Haste has no numbers at all really, it's always good to have more (and not a huge loss having less) as any haste cap isn't reachable at the current gear.

Spreadsheets calculate stuff differently, but if you have similar settings on both your friends and your own idps they should be giving similar results. I'd go with whatever Aldriana's sheet shows as better, but in the end the difference gemming a few 20ap/10haste instead of 20 haste is negligible. And as for the mongoose recommendation, I believe that Aldriana's sheet doesn't take into account the recent "stealth-nerf" to mongoose and still thinks it provides a static 2% attack speed increase. Berserking is better for anything and everything.

Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 02 Jul 2010 00:16

Now you have 4 rogues in your squad. 3x combat and 1 assassination. How are you guys planning to fill your raid with rogues now?

Post 02 Jul 2010 01:12

Hello,

I was wondering that with the availability of Sharpened Twilight Scale if we will be seeing more rogues socket Attack Power after they finish capping armor pen(or close to capping) or if they should socket for more Hit. As always thank you for your time and advice.

Post 02 Jul 2010 12:51

Depends on what the bosses need. We have everything in farm now so it's not a big deal. Who knows what we'll be playing in cataclysm so we'll have to see about that when the time comes.

Rogues will probably gem whatever has the highest ep value after reaching the arp cap, just like before the trinket was available. Getting expertise capped is probably a good choice, followed by hit. Again, refer to the spreadsheet to see what's good for your own gear.

Shadowcraft spreadsheet.