COmbat Rogue Rotation

COmbat Rogue Rotation

Post 14 Apr 2010 14:37

Hello!
i wonder what i shall i have for a rotation (combat rogue) i don't think my rotation is the best :D

Re: COmbat Rogue Rotation

Post 16 Apr 2010 23:18

keep rapture and slice up and killing spree on cd, other then that spam sinister and evi

Post 17 Apr 2010 10:42

ok ty so shall i start with garrote or sini???

Post 17 Apr 2010 13:49

dude i have no idea :p im a fury warrior

Post 17 Apr 2010 16:08

ok

Post 27 Apr 2010 08:04

Hi! :)

I'm not sure if my rotation is the best one to use but I'm doing good dps on our ICC runs.

I use about the following rotation:

TotT (just before fight start) -> SS -> SS -> Killing Spree -> SnD -> SS (to 5CP) -> Rupture -> SS (to refresh SnD). I do not use Evicerate or Envenom in my rotation at all. CD's like BF and AR I pop everytime they are ready(if it fits the fight).

For example at the start of the fight you might want to pop AR so you can get your CP's up fast and so you get rupture and snd up.

Post 27 Apr 2010 09:23

Mhm

SS x4 / x5 -> SnD -> SS x4 / x5 -> Evistcrate -> TotT -> Killing Spree ....

Don't forgot for Adrenaline Rush / Blade Flurry and Rupture ( With TotT ) :)

Post 27 Apr 2010 09:35

Here's how I manage the start of a fight:

TotT (tank)
Haste pot
+combat
Sinister Strike
Slice and Dice
Blade Flurry
Sinister Strike
Killing Spree
Adrenaline Rush

After that, just get a 3-4s/5r rotation going. It is fairly optimal in terms of avoiding energy capping, and damage output.

Post 27 Apr 2010 14:58

Devlin wrote:Here's how I manage the start of a fight:

TotT (tank)
Haste pot
+combat
Sinister Strike
Slice and Dice
Blade Flurry
Sinister Strike
Killing Spree
Adrenaline Rush

After that, just get a 3-4s/5r rotation going. It is fairly optimal in terms of avoiding energy capping, and damage output.

If you have at least 2/5 t10+ than your rotation is wrong coz you lose 15 energy at start...the way you should have your dps rotation should be
SS -> SnD ->TotT -> SS untill you have 5 -> KS -> SnD -> SS until you run out of energy -> AD+BF+Haste Pot -> SS until you get 5 cp -> Evi -> than keep up SnD and Evi with 5 cp and use TotT on every cd given that you got at least 2/5 t10+

Post 27 Apr 2010 15:11

Halfblood wrote:
Devlin wrote:Here's how I manage the start of a fight:

TotT (tank)
Haste pot
+combat
Sinister Strike
Slice and Dice
Blade Flurry
Sinister Strike
Killing Spree
Adrenaline Rush

If you have at least 2/5 t10+ than your rotation is wrong coz you lose 15 energy at start...the way you should have your dps rotation should be
SS -> SnD ->TotT -> SS untill you have 5 -> KS -> SnD -> SS until you run out of energy -> AD+BF+Haste Pot -> SS until you get 5 cp -> Evi -> than keep up SnD and Evi with 5 cp and use TotT on every cd given that you got at least 2/5 t10+

That's not entirely true. In most situations you're supposed to ToT the tank at the pull. You don't want to take the risk of overagro for you or another raid member. Also, he's pre-potting, that means you can use another pot later in the fight. As he said himself he's using a rupture rotation, so after SnD you want to get your Rupture rolling asap, instead of using Eviscerate like you described.

And like Maeil wrote somewhere, you want to wait until there are a few stacks of sunder armor on the boss before you start popping your CD's.