BM Hunters.

BM Hunters.

Post 13 Apr 2011 13:22

Hello, i'm testing out BM atm, and im kinda troubled about a few things, for example, what stats to prioritize, what pet/pet talents to use and similar stuff, but i just wanted to ask a few basic questions.

- Speccing, what should specc after having the mandatory 31 points in BM and then speccing into Go for the Throat/Efficiency and Sic' Em as MM, should i take Careful Aim 2/2 and Pathing 1/3 or Pathing 3/3?

- Stats, what is the secondary stat priority as BM, what i've understood Hit > Crit > Mastery > Haste is the way to go as BM, is this the case?

- What talents should i specc my pet as BM, is Heart of the Phoenix really needed, or can i avoid that talent completely? (Ferocity pets in this case)

Hopefully my english was good enough to make any sense at all, and thanks for reading this :)

Here's an armory link aswell if needed: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... y/advanced

Re: BM Hunters.

Post 19 Jul 2011 13:19

with the stat priority your spot on however as it stands i perfer having a steady 10% haste before focus fire so i personaly have it Hit> Crit > Haste-10% > mastery > haste
having 10% haste will make any ferocity pet always hit 5 stacks of frenzy in the 15 sec cd of focus fire

but thats just me

Re: BM Hunters.

Post 24 Jul 2011 09:35

User avatardeva

Rentatank wrote:with the stat priority your spot on however as it stands i perfer having a steady 10% haste before focus fire so i personaly have it Hit> Crit > Haste-10% > mastery > haste
having 10% haste will make any ferocity pet always hit 5 stacks of frenzy in the 15 sec cd of focus fire

but thats just me

I hate to disapoint you, but you're wrong. Haste has nothing to do with 5 stacks of frenzy. Our pets get 1 stack of frenzy every 3 seconds due 3 sec cooldown on basic attack and haste doesn't lower the cooldown.

This is just my opinion, i'd go for pathing, since when the fight starts you want to burn your bestial wrath soon as possible, and spamm AS and KC, thus rendering careful aim useless. After you BW ends boss is mostlikely 90% hp.

Your stat weights seems good in my eye.

Ofc you pick every dps talent available, if survivalibility of your pet conserns you, u should have different pet for fights that your pet is most likely die and spec heart of phoenix on that pet, but i avoid specing it for normal fights.

Mess with the best, die like the rest!