A New MM Hunter Rotation? (4.2)

A New MM Hunter Rotation? (4.2)

Post 25 Jul 2011 21:46

So I have done some testing and fiddling around with stats and seeing how as I'm not excellent with simulators, A few people told me to go full haste and hardcast Aimed Shot, Yes I know Aim Shot hardcasting was killed a while ago, but I really saw a dps improvement. The reason why I am posting this is because I want to see what the hunters of Paragon think. Whether or not hardcasting Aimed shot is viable now, and if it is, does that stat priority change at some point in your haste? I have tested full haste over mastery and I definitely see a improvement.

Also Note: you would want to change your Arcane Shot Glyph to the Rapid Fire Glyph.

Thanks ahead of time for you're time,
Grawpp

My Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... wpp/simple

(I have actually obtained enough haste to break my 4P T11 with the Shaman Haste totem)

Re: A New MM Hunter Rotation? (4.2)

Post 26 Jul 2011 11:49

Grawpp wrote:I have tested full haste over mastery and I definitely see a improvement.

Tested how? Was the test statistically significant?

Grawpp wrote:My Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... wpp/simple

(I have actually obtained enough haste to break my 4P T11 with the Shaman Haste totem)

That's interesting, the breakpoint without 4T11 is about 1850 haste (and even that gives you one Steady Shot less per cycle than 4T11 and ~1300 haste). Also it's pretty much definitely not worth breaking the set bonus if you're upgrading from 372 ilevel T11 to 378 ilevel offpieces.

Post 26 Jul 2011 13:46

Kruf wrote:Tested how? Was the test statistically significant?

On most stand still fights like Baleroc and Occ, but then I expanded to almost every boss, and yes, it was a significant increase. The other hunter in my guild who is equally geared than me and is a very good player was also falling behind in DPS from me by like 2-5K DPS each boss, until he saw that most of my damage came from hardcasting aimed shots he switched and now we are the same, but just higher.

Kruf wrote:That's interesting, the breakpoint without 4T11 is about 1850 haste (and even that gives you one Steady Shot less per cycle than 4T11 and ~1300 haste). Also it's pretty much definitely not worth breaking the set bonus if you're upgrading from 372 ilevel T11 to 378 ilevel offpieces.

Maybe I should choose my words for carefully... I think I have obtained enough haste to keep my rotation the same, it keeps my stead shots below 1.4 (1.3).

I just would really like to see you guys at least test this and tell me what you think, For me it shows as a massive DPS increase. Like I said I have been reforging for haste over mastery, but if you guys find that this is in fact a DPS up, you might also find different ways to gear than me.

Post 26 Jul 2011 15:02

Grawpp wrote:
Kruf wrote:That's interesting, the breakpoint without 4T11 is about 1850 haste (and even that gives you one Steady Shot less per cycle than 4T11 and ~1300 haste). Also it's pretty much definitely not worth breaking the set bonus if you're upgrading from 372 ilevel T11 to 378 ilevel offpieces.

Maybe I should choose my words for carefully... I think I have obtained enough haste to keep my rotation the same, it keeps my stead shots below 1.4 (1.3).

Yes, but there's a difference between 1.250sec with 4T11 + 1340 haste and 1.348sec without 4T11 and 1774 haste - it's not the same rotation unless you had a rather big empty gap in it before.

Grawpp wrote:I just would really like to see you guys at least test this and tell me what you think, For me it shows as a massive DPS increase. Like I said I have been reforging for haste over mastery, but if you guys find that this is in fact a DPS up, you might also find different ways to gear than me.

Do you mean choosing haste when the choice is between haste and mastery only, or choosing haste over every other stat? What priority did you use between crit and mastery before?

Post 26 Jul 2011 15:13

Kruf, I spent around half an hour at the trainings dummy with the 10% attack speed buff, trying to figure out the right Rotation with 1850 haste and the chimera shot glyphe.

Is this correct?:

Rotations without Aimed Shot Proc: CS - 2 SS - 2 AS - 3 SS (9,75 sec)
Rotations with Aimed Shot Proc: CS - 2 SS - 2 AS - AIS Proc - 2 SS (9,40 sec)

Other rotations weren't possible because of focus management.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Post 26 Jul 2011 15:16

Noctis wrote:Rotations without Aimed Shot Proc: CS - 2 SS - 2 AS - 3 SS (9,75 sec)
Rotations with Aimed Shot Proc: CS - 2 SS - 2 AS - AIS Proc - 2 SS (9,40 sec)

Yes, though I rarely run a rotation where I count the shots as I find it easier to just stare that the cooldown bars and focus bar, but essentially it works like that. Also as you can see it's theoretically possible to drop a little haste as there's a tiny bit of dead time there...

Post 26 Jul 2011 15:27

Yeah. I use Serenity (formerly known as JS Hunter Bar) it's perfect for keeping an eye on your focus and CS cooldown.

Anyway. Thank you very much for your answer and good luck with the next content patch ;)

Post 26 Jul 2011 16:23

Sacrifice all your mastery for haste, hit for haste (When you have an excess amount of hit), Of course you don't want to lose crit, but yeah I mean hard casting aim shot definitely has me convinced, I would just like to hear it from you guys that you have recently toyed around with this or that maybe the arcane shot rotation is still more viable.

Post 26 Jul 2011 16:32

Rotation #1 CS > SSx2 > AS x2 > SSx3 (repeat)

The rotation I was talking about #2 90% + Only Aims (No SrP no CS) with RP ofc
90% - CS > SS x2 > Aimed Shot > SS x3

( This rotation prefers haste) Crit > Haste > Mastery

This is definitely a dps increase for me, but where is the cap for haste when your hard casting aimed shots?

While your T11 is Of course still Gonna be better for a while.

@ Kruf I'm sorry for the confusion you have had with my posts... To a watered down version:
I really really really REALLY think this is better than Arcane shots, heck I could be wrong, but yeah.