Feral DPS Secondarys

Feral DPS Secondarys

Post 09 Jun 2012 10:37

Hello there Paragon, and other forum readers.

I've recently re-rolled feral kitty and have noticed that all the secondarys are close in dps gain - so i'm stuck with which one to go to, and I was curious if anyone had done some simcrafting or testing of the secondarys too see what would be the best and most viable?

I initially thought haste would be best for me, as I regularly find myself energy starved - but I thought i'd get others opinion first.

Thanks for your time.

Re: Feral DPS Secondarys

Post 12 Jun 2012 08:20

We're a resource-limited class, so you're supposed to find yourself energy starved.

Because the secondaries are so close, which one is best depends on the fight. Haste benefits energy regen, auto-attacks and clearcast procs. Mastery benefits bleeds.

- On Patchwork-type fights, which are assumed in sims, haste is best: Because you're on target all the time, you can spend the maximum amount of energy, and of course you're continuously auto-attacking. This also benefits the clearcast procs.

- On fights where you have to move between targets, your energy bar has time to fill up while moving. You're also missing out on auto-attacks. But bleeds continue to to tick, so mastery pulls ahead.

- For fights where burst is important, I'd cap hit and expertise. Because when Berserk is up during burst energy is less of an issue, and bleeds are not as effective. So I'd want every GCD to count.

Also, if you're a bearcat mastery > haste, because mastery is much better for bears.