Druid discussion

Re: Druid discussion

Post 27 Mar 2010 02:56

User avatarlappe

Hello Zoo.

most of the info you are asking for can be found in here

basic glyphs are MF SF SF, focus can be used in fights like patchwerk where you dont have to move at all from ~melee range

every point in moonglow is a wasted point, just put them to imp MF and genesis.

nibelung proc is around 400-500 dps, so every mh+oh combination that have higher dps from stats will beat it. (to check your stat values get
Wrathcalcs, it can also be used to approximate your dps)

Post 27 Mar 2010 03:41

Tanking Question for Sejta. Actually a couple.
First, concerning hit rating. Your armory says you are running with 218 hit rating. Do you change anything during raids to max your hit? if so, what? if not, i assume the diference in TPS is not a problem? I am in non-heroic gear and am holding off on my 4-set until i can get 264 t10. When i finally do have it though, my hit rating will drop to 193, 5.89%. threat is generally not a problem for me beyond the first 5 seconds, but I'm worried about the difference the loss of hit rating will cause. Also, are Anub's heroic 25man bracers enough of an upgrade over Toskk's wristguards(264), including the additional hit, to warrant going back and getting them?

My other wonder is about gemming. It seems accepted that feral tanks gem stamina... all day, every day, no matter what (other than meta activation). have you done or seen the math confirming this to be superior to getting socket bonuses? I'm questioning it because as we reach our massive health pools we arent in any danger of being 2 or rarely even 3 shotted. It seems like, even though stamina doesnt have diminishing returns, stam's importance does diminish. The difference in going from 70k to 80k health isnt nearly as significant as going from 40k to 50k, for instance. I can't decide one way or the other, but is it possible that gemming shifting dreadstone would be worth it to gain the socket bonuses? I think at this lvl with our stats being so high, the additional armor is actually the most valuable stat gained from the extra agility. Anyway, what are your thoughts on gemming for socket bonuses?

If it helps, I did some addition with your gear:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning%27s+Blade&cn=Sejta&gn=Paragon

By adding shifting dreadstone to any socket that will give a +agility socket bonus, the changes to stats are:
+78agi
-75 stam (1115hp)
So i guess the question is, will the slight improvement to armor, dodge, and AP offer an average mitigation of more than 1115hp? I'm thinking yes but maybe im missing something, please share your thoughts!

My armory so its handy:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gul%27dan&cn=P%C3%AFtbull

Post 27 Mar 2010 13:40

Hello to all, to begin I want to congratulate you for the 1st world kill of Lich King Hard Mode.

My questions are for Lappé and they are the following:

Yesterday, when I saw that you kill Lich King, I went to see your talents, and I get astonish seeing all these talents:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml ... 0000000000

Why do you use these talents? to use Swipe? If you use Swipe, you use it on bear form, right?

Now, I need some advices, all are welcome:

Do you have/use some macro? If you have/use it, for what?

Can you show me a screen of your interface? For see keybinds... etc

Here you can see my Moonkin:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Anilux

What do you think I have to change for doing better dps?

Do you participate on all encounters of Icecrow Citadel(Lord Marrowar, Lady Deathwisper, Naval Battle, Saurfang, Rootface, Festergut, Putricide, Blood council, Queen Lanat’thel, Valithria Dreamwalker, Sindragrosa and obviusly Lich King) ? Or do you think that for some encounter is not necesary the Moonkin?

Do you save the logs of each encounter at some website like Http://www.worldoflogs.com ? If the answer is yes, on what website?

You have always the (DoT's) On? or when solar eclipse is on, you just use insects, and when lunar eclipse is on, You use starfire?

And last but not least, Nibelung HC, is better than Nibelung 264? I had it, but valkyrs never appear, and finally I change it for bonespike + offhand.

Thank you for your time

Post 27 Mar 2010 16:28

pitbull wrote:Tanking Question for Sejta. Actually a couple.

You only need 158 hit rating (6% spell hit) since its very important that you have 17% hit for taunts (6% gear, 3% raid, 8% glyph) druids have only one real taunt so its very important to have 100% hit for taunts.

258 anub bracers > 264 toskk's

I like my stamina gemming, haven't done any math on stamina vs agility and theres no need for that imo. Stamina will always help you survive better than a little chance to dodge the entire attack. Healers aren't having serious mana issues yet and there's a lot of overhealing on the tank so I think stamina is the way to go.

Post 27 Mar 2010 18:47

Good point, overhealing isnt a problem and overheals are common, so stam wins. thanks for the help!

Post 27 Mar 2010 22:25

User avatarlappe

AniLuX wrote:My questions are for Lappé and they are the following:

Hello Anilux

first of all, i wont comment on my spec.

i do have /use fel healthstone macro.

screenshot will be uploaded once i take a proper one from combat (aka when i remember to take one)

theres really only 2 ways to enhance your dps. by playing better and by getting gear.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/browse/gu ... 1#calendar

IS up for most of the time on progression raids (for the -hit) and MF before lunar eclipse

Nibelung HC is better than the normal version, surprisingly, but its not BiS (LK 25man HC mace+ Blood prince HC OH are)

Post 27 Mar 2010 23:08

lappe wrote:Hello Anilux

first of all, i wont comment on my spec.

Okay, I respect your decision ^^

lappe wrote:i do have /use fel healthstone macro.

screenshot will be uploaded once i take a proper one from combat (aka when i remember to take one)

theres really only 2 ways to enhance your dps. by playing better and by getting gear.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/browse/gu ... 1#calendar

IS up for most of the time on progression raids (for the -hit) and MF before lunar eclipse

Nibelung HC is better than the normal version, surprisingly, but its not BiS (LK 25man HC mace+ Blood prince HC OH are)

When I speak about Nibelung, I mean if the proc valkyrs increases

Thank you very much for all your answers.

I must work hard to get to your level, but I will

Post 27 Mar 2010 23:24

Hey! Here it's Zabesta again. Congratulations on Lich King!

Like you said in the last time, I should remove talents from Dreamstate and Moonglow and put them in Imp MF or Owlkin Frenzy or even Genesis. Now my question is, do you think Owlkin Frenzy is advisable for ICC fights? Does it proc a reasonable couple of times, or should I put 2 points on ImpMF and the rest on Genesis?

As I'm completely over hit cap I'm thinking of removing Balance of Power and put them on some DPS improv talent too :)

Thanks again for your help,
Zabesta

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... k+Templars

Post 27 Mar 2010 23:30

Hey, I'm Droo. I'm one of the 4 main tanks in Fatal Hilarity, and the only bear tank.

But recently i've had a lot of problems with the ICC gear for rogues and feral druids. It seems to have absolutely no hit.

My gear is made of mostly ICC 10 and 25 pieces, with a tier 10.5 helm, the Lightborn Spire from the battered hilt and a few ToC pieces, including the crafted Bracers of Swift death, and Emblem of Frost gear.

I'm struggling to keep my hit up at the cap, 263. I have 90 extra hit in gems and enchants, costing me a lot of valuable agility and stamina. I use only agility capes, necks and rings.. Is this the problem? What can I do to improve myself? Please, help me get myself to the best of my ability, I understand your druid tank is about as amazing as they get.

Also, is my spec as good as it can be? I'm usually a Main Tank, I need to make a little more AoE threat but still mitigate/dodge as much damage as I can.

My spec: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talen ... oo&group=2

Thanks for the help,

Droo.
Last edited by Droo. on 28 Mar 2010 16:51, edited 2 times in total.

Post 27 Mar 2010 23:34

User avatarlappe

Hi Zabesta.

you will need to put 2 points to imp MF and 1 point to genesis (all 3 from moonglow) just to reach the next tier of talents

Owlkin frenzy procs couple times per fight, so yes its the best dps talent left (theres really no aoe fights for hurricane -->points in gale winds are kinda useless)

For Anilux, i have no idea of normal nibelungs proc chance so cant comment on that