Ret paladins rotation & related

Ret paladins rotation & related

Post 26 Dec 2010 00:16

So, now we all have Inq in our spellbook, and some nice (and not) changes in our dps abilities. I think, that for now our rotation (or maybe priorities) are: Inq > TW(3hp) > CS > Exo > HoW > J > HW > Con. Also personally I use burst macro:
Code: Select all
#showtooltip Zealotry
/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Zealotry

AW doesn't trigger gkd, so they both are used, and moreover its rather convinient, because they have same cd time.
Is this a good idea to use this macro? Or maybe I should use this two abilities separately?
About dps cycle: as I understand I should keep Inq always on, and spam 3hp TW, am I? And one more issue: when HoW becomes available I fairly often do not have time to plug it in my rotation, so should I just forget about it?
The last thing is: I think, that it would be good to use +mastery trinkets with that macro, isn't it? Or they are worthless?

To Iiris: can you give some advice about Zin'rokh acquiring?

Re: Ret paladins rotation & related

Post 15 Jan 2011 05:46

I use a similar Macro, and have found it extremely useful. here is a look at mine.
/cast avenging wrath
/cast guardian of ancient kings
/use golemblood potion
/use Impatience of youth

Although I use Hellscream reach reach str trinket in this I wuoldnt suggest using a mastery trinket in this macro, because mastery procs are somewhat useless in a period of time in which you can spam HoW CS and 3HP TV, but thats just my opinion.

Post 01 Feb 2011 16:12

i use a very similar macro but with a few diferences

/cast inquisition
/cast avenging wrath

i cast the AW the last because i try to use HoW four times and inquisition to be sure that i have it up

and apologize my poor english

Post 05 Feb 2011 02:38

Cast AW 10 seconds after GoAK so you get full benefits of both spells.

Post 06 Apr 2011 04:10

I've been told that inquisition is the best spell to increase dps in a rotation but seems to me that it doesn't work can anyone help ?

Post 07 Apr 2011 12:50

/cast inquisition
/cast avenging wrath

Isn't Inquisition on gcd and due to that should be last in the macro if you don't want to click it several times?

Post 12 Apr 2011 20:43

so what is this supposed to help the macro ill try it,thanks