Iiris: your opinion about Mastery

Iiris: your opinion about Mastery

Post 04 Jan 2011 15:05

Hey Iiris

I've been following the topics on EJ, and im getting more and more confused about our mastery.
It's obvious that progressing ret pala's like you dont prio. mastery. How can that be? I've read so many places that we're atm living on our luck to proc. Is it because the AoW is much more inportant than HoL? and therefore there is no really reason to grow mastery?

Does Mastery really suck?

best regards
Raily

Re: Iiris: your opinion about Mastery

Post 04 Jan 2011 16:21

User avatarIiris

Hello Raily

I think mastery sucks only because theorycrafting says so, there isn't much more to it. I think its pretty hard to try to imagine if this kind of stat is good or bad without doing any calculations.

When you think about our mastery you are most of the time replacing one of your global cooldown with 3hp TV, so you can replace one of your less hitting ability with harder hitting ability which isn't even the largest priority for us (exorcism and hammer of wrath are higher). Mastery also works against us when you use zealotry since it delays our next crusader strike making zealotry even less beneficial but this is probably the smallest problem associated with mastery.

I hope the change in mastery will make it a stat we might want more than avoid it like a plague.

Post 04 Jan 2011 16:48

thank you - helped me out

Post 13 Jan 2011 00:21

Hi, with your permission Raily, I'd like to ask Iiris about the new mastery.

There're very few info 'bout it so, just in case... have you analized anything yet?

All I've read is up to MMO Ret pally 4.0.6 thread where some theorycrafting says:

Stat Value
Str 1
Mastery .184
Crit .130
Haste .128

After cappin' Hit/Expertise. So, I've also read that Inquisition IS NOT stacking with Mastery on TV/CS.

Well, I'm looking for a 2H weapon, I've completed over 300 Trol solves and Zin hasn't poped out yet and I'm about to give up. If those changes are working as posted up there, I could head to Magmaw 2H Maze which gives Expertise+Mastery (weapon I avoided cause our mastery sucks right now).

Thanks for any reply.
Enjoy!

Post 17 Jan 2011 10:10

Sorry to interrupt, but which MMO post is this? keen to have a look =)

Post 17 Jan 2011 20:19

Post 19 Jan 2011 11:52

thanks alot there! =)