About RetriBution

About RetriBution

Post 19 Jan 2011 21:17

Hey I got some few Retribution question if u don't mind answering me :)
1.Whats the rotation shoud be used on a single Target ?
2.What's the Reforge/Gemming Go?
3.How much DpS can Pull Right as a Retribution Paladin ? Can U tell me a fight that u can do a lot of DPS etc that u pulled your best score if u don't mind ?
4. Are paladin underpowerd right now or i have a problem :)
Thanks

Re: About RetriBution

Post 22 Jan 2011 23:49

exo - how - tv - cs - judgement - holy wrath - conce is the priority system
hold up inq 100%.

CDs. AW and GoAK is wonderfull to cast at the same time. when AW is out cast Zealotry and try to get in so many TVs you can before GoAK is out

This macro is a marginal dps increase but you maybe have to spam it a little depending on your connection and gcd
/cast zealotry
/cast templar's verdict

Same with
/cast avenging wrath
/cast hammer of wrath
and if you got Engineering as i do. putt in Tazik's shocker in the AW macro as it benefits from dps increasing spells

a normal fight with no luck in procs should start this way
cs - judgement - holy wrath - cs - conce - cs - inq - AW - Goak - HoW then procede with the priority list.

Geming, str and only str meta 51 crit and 1% spell reflect(it got 2 red gems requirement so derby it is best untill patch comes then the str+increased crit dmg becaumes the best i think)
Reforging, Hit cap - Exp cap - Crit - Haste - Mastery

il take and pull in a stat compersion so you can understand easyier how much strength overwhelms all other stats and how sucky mastery is.
Str 1
AP 0.45
Hit 0.42
Exp 0.27
Crit 0.20
Haste 0.16
Mastery 0.09

I seem to be landing on 16-20k mostly, Chimearon is a lovly fight for dpsing imo and Argaloth is also easy an easy boss to be high on dps meters.

Retribution Paladins are indeed under powered but it could also be that you have some problems. i have myself been having some problems with Retribution since cata come out. but it is mostly because when it gets messy in the fight i tend to forget some of the priority on the spells.

// Psykko from Silvermoon EU

Post 23 Jan 2011 00:03

psylon wrote:1.
exo - how - tv - cs - judgement - holy wrath - conce is the priority system
hold up inq 100%.// Psykko from Silvermoon EU

Man real good stuff but one thing
Isn't priority HoW then exo because of the huge crit chance or HoW?
Also, for times when you have CS, judgment, and Holy wrath on cooldown, and there are no art of war or mastery procs, I like to add a hardcast exorcism in there. Alot of people don't like doing this but it does add a little bit to your DPS. hardcast exorcism does more damage than holy wrath, but it is more mana costly. If you do this make sure to watch your mana. going oom as ret is very hard to recover from, and if you use this strat make sure you keybind divine plea and start judgmenting more frequently if you start to get low.

Post 23 Jan 2011 00:46

1. Exo hits for ~26k for me critting for ~40k so i would take exo over HoW because of the high dmg it does and the chanse for getting it right after or so on an auto hit

2. If you cast a spell it means you stop attacking for that time aka no auto hits and no SoT + Censure hits so i wouldent recomend doing that + the high mana cost makes it a no no

And igot ~61 keybinds... allways have spells keybinded, that includes spells that isent regulary used. but ofc. some people maybe thinks that it is a little overdo to have spells like HoF on mouseover macros.... but i think it is quite handy