Question For Lazeil.

Question For Lazeil.

Post 26 Mar 2011 01:33

Hello mate!

I am a Prot Paladin, and have problem with my key bindnings. And i wondering if you could screenshot your screen and show how you bind you spells it would help me very much, Becus i have a big problem with that. Alos what kind of addons you use for tanking?
Thanks for you time!!

Re: Question For Lazeil.

Post 26 Mar 2011 02:34

i watched a laz pov video today from the lk 25hc kill, trying to see what tips i could pick up... all i can tell you is i have no freaking idea how he does what he does based on that video... cant make heads nor tails of his keybinds, all i know is hes goes like pew pew, and the shambling horror goes...wtf!!! come 'ere you bas'tad ill have you... da dps go smashy smashy, and stuff falls over in pain.

i would really like to lock laz in a room for about 20 hours and and tie him up with nothing but a mic in front of him take off one of his shoes and tickle his foot with a feather , and tell him hes not getting out till he gives up all his secrets!!! lol

in all seriousness, it is a good vid though you should check it out, it wont tell you what the keybinds are, but you will at least see them in action. i watched it at first for tips. learned one thing...hes soooo much better then me, then i wacthed it 2 or 3 more times just out of admiration for the team, and the kill. these vids are why wow spectator mode should exsist. coz i could sit back with a bag of popcorn and some beer and watch these guys kick ass all day, the gms get to do it... or mabye thats just *cough* live beta testing.....OH HELL YEAH I WENT THERE BLIZZARD! YOU GOT SERVED!

better then pro wrestling ^.^

ps; i dont think it would be possible for laz to screenshot his ui in the way that your asking, he could perhaps talk you through it, but he may have allready covered that in the tank ui section. might want to wander over there and see if he mentions anything about his keybinds, i know he defiantly talks about some adds and ui mods he uses, didnt check it all out myself so perhaps he mentions keybinds in there somewhere.

Re: Question For Lazeil.

Post 26 Mar 2011 10:07

User avatarLazei

Keybinds

I don't have a decent screenshot of my UI at hand because I'm not home atm.
The most important things you need are:
Threat colored nameplates - aloft or threatplates (and whatever the other addon for that is)
Rotation cooldowns - eventhorizon
Bigger cooldowns - I just use an extra action bar for this
Raid frames with threat indicators (usually highlighted border) for righteous defence and raid member debuffs. Default raid frames are decent.
Needtoknow and/or Powerauras to track important stuff like tanking cooldowns for easier chaining, other tank's cooldown usage so you know when to use sacrifices correctly and boss abilities. Also warnings for missing RF and seal.
Addons that help you see more information easier. Unitframes and castbar addon for moving stuff where it's easier to see.
And of course some boss mod addon configured so that you can easily see a warning (red flash) for stuff you want to use divine sacrifice (nefa's crackle and magmaw's spew for example)