Why Fang of Twilight, Lazeil?

Why Fang of Twilight, Lazeil?

Post 07 Apr 2011 11:30

I'm playing a Protection Paladin, just started heroics (10 man) and I've been trying to get my hands on the Mace of Acrid Death from Maloriak... but for months now it wouldn't drop. Neither does the Soul Blade.

So I recently saw that Lazeil is using the heroic version of Fang of Twilight for tanking. My question is... why? Aren't you guys supposed to aim for absolute BiS items? I am aware that agility gives some dodge, the mastery is awesome and so on... but still... isn't crit a wasted stat?

Or did you have the same bad luck in not getting the mace fro Maloriak?

Thanks.

Re: Why Fang of Twilight, Lazeil?

Post 18 Apr 2011 03:20

It could possibly be because he receives more avoidance from the agility on Fang of Twilight, due to the DR he's receiving on parry, but I find that unlikely.

Or it could be like you said and it just hasn't dropped yet for him.

Post 20 Apr 2011 02:11

User avatarCjindry

After reforge (and before DR)
  • Fang of Twilight :
    165 agi: 0,54 dodge + 0,81% phisical crit
    66 crit: 0,36% crit (both phisical and magic)
  • Mace of Acrid Death:
    165 strg: 0,23% parry + 330AP
    66 parry: 0,37% parry

so Lazeil apparently choose to get more tps/dmg (1,18%crit >> 330AP) in exchange of a bit of avoidance(0,054%)
(its really a bit cuz DR advantage the use of fang of twilight (even considering windwalk proc) (by 0,01%))

its not only that, that tps gain is useful on pull (in case lazeil start) and allow rest of raid to start dps earlier or with less use of ToT/MD that turn directly in a dps gain.
*plus agy stack with kings dodge/parry does not

*calculation are made handmade by myself tired after a big day... can be somehow imprecise :)

Live or Exist. You have the Key

(actually on vacation, or better: studying)

Post 22 Apr 2011 04:57

I'm sure if laz needed threat, he'd be better off reforging into expertise elsewhere wouldn't he?

Post 22 Apr 2011 10:04

User avatarCjindry

shaak wrote:I'm sure if laz needed threat, he'd be better off reforging into expertise elsewhere wouldn't he?

reforgin has a cost :P (and cost of equipping fang of twilight instead of mace of acrid death has a relative low cost :P)

Live or Exist. You have the Key

(actually on vacation, or better: studying)

Post 30 Apr 2011 16:42

Just know that Lazeil is a Draenei, if he's a dwarf or human he would get 3 mace expertise, making Maloriak's mace in any way superior.

Post 30 Apr 2011 18:51

Cassyboy wrote:Just know that Lazeil is a Draenei, if he's a dwarf or human he would get 3 mace expertise, making Maloriak's mace in any way superior.

He definitely is a Bloodelf: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/l ... eil/simple

Post 01 May 2011 00:10

Right sorry, meant thos eones. They're more or less the same though.

Post 15 May 2011 07:02

It's more than a month since I posted this, tons of views of the topic but no answer from Lazeil.

Seriously, how busy is he? :D