Ret Paladin Glyphs

Ret Paladin Glyphs

Post 24 May 2011 20:35

Hi Iiris,
Firstly, thanks for all the posts, and helping other players. A quick question about glyphs that you use. I noticed you are over Expertise cap, like pretty much every paladin that has not gotten a hold of an Ashkandi. I am also using the worm breaker and am finding very very difficult to put my expertise reasonably close to the soft cap number (26). Just wondering why SOT glyph is still used instead of using CS?? 5% crit doesn't seem like a lot, however even reforging out of Expertise i am at 30 (using SOT). Any extra info on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Dinomyte - US Frostmane

Re: Ret Paladin Glyphs

Post 25 May 2011 14:48

User avatarIiris

Hello Dinomyte

Expertise is a problem for us without Ashkandi indeed. You can try lower it little more by changing the dps libram to tank libram if you are a lot over the cap.

But about the glyphs. GoSoT is 10 expertise which is 300,27 Expertise Rating and GoCS gives 5% crit which is 896.4 crit rating to skill that does around 13% of our damage so its worth is 116,532 crit rating and further 114,20136 dps (using Redscape's spreadsheet's statweights). 87,8472 points of expertise rating gives the same amount of dps which is around 3 points of expertise (again Redscape), so if you get more than 3 expertise out of the GoSoT it's better than GoCS and in your case you get 6 expertise from the glyph which is definitely better than the GoCS.

Hope this helps =) and here is link to the spreadsheet I'm using calculating my stuff if you are interested.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t109229-redcapes_ret_dps_spreadsheet_5_19_4_1_ready_updated_04_29_a/

Re: Ret Paladin Glyphs

Post 25 May 2011 16:02

Thanks a lot for the reply, it was very useful.
I have thought of using the tank Libram, however it is a unique item and I do not want to have to hearth every time i have to change specs for gemming / reforging (as my offspec is Prot, and I am used for encounters that we need a 3rd tank).
Also thank you very much for the link for the spreadsheet.

Thank you for the quick response,

Dinomyte - Us Frostmane