Pally tanks and Alyrazor

Pally tanks and Alyrazor

Post 02 Sep 2011 17:37

Okay, So I'm guidless and Alliance:p I have one 85 and don't really know any other classes, But I've had my pally for a year now, and I think I know it perfectly, But when we got to alyrazor, I just didn't seem to do enough dps on those little birds, And it sucks! By the time the other tanks was dead, Mine was at 6million hp or so... Is there any way I should be doing more damage or to increase my damage to win the fight? Also, My gear ---> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... r/advanced

Re: Pally tanks and Alyrazor

Post 02 Sep 2011 22:40

Well, you have to do some reforging for starters. Your parry shouldnt really be more than your dodge, and they should be around 1 to max 2 percent from one another.

Your mastery is very low, its your bread and butter.

Damage should be good enough if you use the right buttons, Im 370 ilvl and dont have any probs what so ever doin 100k

Post 02 Sep 2011 23:03

User avatarCjindry

Without worring at all, you can dress up some dps gear to fill the gap :)

Live or Exist. You have the Key

(actually on vacation, or better: studying)

Post 02 Sep 2011 23:25

Cool thanks, And what do you suggest to get my mastery up?

Post 03 Sep 2011 00:28

User avatarCjindry

Vaulkhar wrote:Cool thanks, And what do you suggest to get my mastery up?

Yeah would be nice if you could reach the block cap (meaning you won't receive anymore fullhit) ( = dodge + parry + block + 5%(miss) = 102.4% )
you should stack mastery till that value then you can fill stamina or either dodge/parry (as it fits better with your playstile)
plus remember to have dodge value close to parry value (as bob previusly stated) ~ %dodge = %parry+0,7% (because of windwalk)

ps. using mastery trinkets could be a good idea to boost you up to block cap

Live or Exist. You have the Key

(actually on vacation, or better: studying)

Post 07 Sep 2011 01:24

As long as you are ALWAYS pressing a damage button when attacking the bird, never just be meleeing it, every cooldown should be used.
Before the bird spawns, build up 3 holy power on the initiate, save it til the bird is about to spawn, then hit inquisition, then hit divine plea for 3 holy power, avenging wrath wait for the imprinted debuff to be applied to you, then SHoR the bird, doing this should take a few percent off within a second of it spawning (even more if you get a crit SHoR)