Tanking Heroic Baleroc

Tanking Heroic Baleroc

Post 16 Sep 2011 06:06

My guilds currently progressing on heroic Baleroc, and I've just got a few questions.

Is the "Stay of Execution" trinket actually worth it for this fight, as you're taking such large hits towards the end of the fight which would cause the 20% cooldown to be used up in 1 hit. (absorbs 20% of incoming damage, up to 56980)

What cooldown rotation did you use for inferno blades, right now I'm using;
- holy shield on every inferno blade
- GoaK for the 1st and 5th inferno blade
- Divine Protection + Mirror of broken Images trinket for 2nd, 4th and 6th inferno blade
- Ardent Defender + Stay of Execution for 3rd and 7th inferno blade
(when a decimating blade happens I just push the order back 1)
Using this rotation I should have at least 60% damage reduction for each inferno blade

Is it worth going for the 110% CTC requirement for Inferno Blades to make sure they're all at least blocked?

Does Glyph of Divine Protection work for Inferno blade?

Any other tips and tricks you can give me?

Here's my armory, I should still be in Baleroc gear/gemming.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... k/advanced

Re: Tanking Heroic Baleroc

Post 21 Sep 2011 20:09

User avatarCjindry

note: most probably you will find the following tips all obvious nevertheless i'm writing them just in case

- yes stay of execution is very good for this fight (i guess you won't find someone not using it xD)
- afik it's not 110ctc, it is 102.4%
- yes glyph of divine protection works on inferno blade but someone thinks its better to keep it for normal swing since holy shield plus MoBI should be already enough (ofc as i always say choose what fit better for you and your raidcomp :P)

Live or Exist. You have the Key

(actually on vacation, or better: studying)

Post 22 Sep 2011 13:44

Thanks for the reply, but we've facerolled it since nerfs...sigh...
I found Stay of Execution to be pretty meh to be honest, when he's hitting for like 500k, stay of execution cooldown will only absorb 20% of the damage of 1 swing. I decided to go with Mirror + Scales. Another good choice would be Vial of Stolen Memories from V+T and Mirror.

Post 22 Sep 2011 22:27

User avatarCjindry

Apart of the proc that on long term vial of stolen memory should make you avoid more damage the SoE one gives you more "control".
In the end VoSM gives you 10,2% dodge per 20sec/2min while SoE gives you 2,1% always.
Stamina is not that big deal (even with the multipler) because you should have already enough.

@nerf: its not that nice yeah but this allows other people to play too (and that people is the large part of this game), people that sustain this game so its good so (considering that game is already dying).

extra tip? here you are: xD
Start running your brain (a lot of ppl just follow the stream, how sad)
plus
i would use more ofter forberance abilities: loh/ds/hop and less AD.
(unfortunately even the best players forget it) (truth is that we are way to slacky U_U)
ofc if you rely on others to save your back don't do it!

ps taunt!

Live or Exist. You have the Key

(actually on vacation, or better: studying)