[Holy] Trinket choice.

[Holy] Trinket choice.

Post 27 Sep 2011 12:38

Hello!

I currently use Core of Ripeness and Darkmoon Card: Tsunami. I'm thinking of buying Fiery Quintessence is it any good for holy paladins?
Also if I get Eye of Blazing Power which of the trinkets above shall I replace?

Re: [Holy] Trinket choice.

Post 03 Oct 2011 14:14

I would not get the Fiery Quintessence instead of core. The current BIS trinket slots look like the following for Holy paladins:

Shard of Woe>Jaws of Defeat (HC)>Tyrande's Favorite doll>Jar of ancient remedies (HC)>Jaws of defeat(Normal).

But I do, on the other hand, like my HC Fall of Mortality+Tsunami more than Normal Jaws or Jar instead of one of them. Personally I don't like Jaws since it is an on use trinket and to get the full use of the trinket you need to cancel the Haste buff that Judgement gives to make your casts 2 seconds+ and you being able to get 2 stacks in one cast. At 381 item level, I don't feel the need for Jar since I like some intellect and I am not having trouble with mana regen at all.

Then my advice for you is: Go BoT, get the normal Fall of mortality, or if your guild is still progressing HC BoT try to get the Shard from Sinestra. In my opinion the Fiery Quintessence is not that great of a trinket for Holy paladins.

Post 08 Oct 2011 22:32

Censurá wrote:But I do, on the other hand, like my HC Fall of Mortality+Tsunami more than Normal Jaws or Jar instead of one of them. Personally I don't like Jaws since it is an on use trinket and to get the full use of the trinket you need to cancel the Haste buff that Judgement gives to make your casts 2 seconds+ and you being able to get 2 stacks in one cast. At 381 item level, I don't feel the need for Jar since I like some intellect and I am not having trouble with mana regen at all.

correct me if i'm wrong but what exactly are you talking about with canceling JotP? the icd on stack gain is 1 second not 2 for jaws of defeat. the reduced spell cost effect lasts for 20 seconds and not just 10 spells so significant haste buffs like JotP that allow you to get to 10 stacks faster are usually a good thing. in fact even in 5 mans let alone raids i usually get 10 stacks before the buff falls off just from going about my normal healing and not anything like flash of lights or divine favor / SoW in the tests.

Post 21 Oct 2011 18:44

Endule wrote:
Censurá wrote:But I do, on the other hand, like my HC Fall of Mortality+Tsunami more than Normal Jaws or Jar instead of one of them. Personally I don't like Jaws since it is an on use trinket and to get the full use of the trinket you need to cancel the Haste buff that Judgement gives to make your casts 2 seconds+ and you being able to get 2 stacks in one cast. At 381 item level, I don't feel the need for Jar since I like some intellect and I am not having trouble with mana regen at all.

correct me if i'm wrong but what exactly are you talking about with canceling JotP? the icd on stack gain is 1 second not 2 for jaws of defeat. the reduced spell cost effect lasts for 20 seconds and not just 10 spells so significant haste buffs like JotP that allow you to get to 10 stacks faster are usually a good thing. in fact even in 5 mans let alone raids i usually get 10 stacks before the buff falls off just from going about my normal healing and not anything like flash of lights or divine favor / SoW in the tests.

There was something with the delay of beacon making the Beacon generate 1 extra tick in one cast.