Lazeil want to hear thoughts on med options

Lazeil want to hear thoughts on med options

Post 10 Oct 2011 15:32

as im sure your awair most paladin tanks right now are going with the %1 block meta because of the lack of mastery on many pieces with the min max for stats. and i wondered what the major aguement was for this meta from your end. i personally see the %2 armor as the better option because of the fact that armor is static. though i personally have my 70% block from my mastery at this point. so i wondered if you agreed with the 70% mastery mark where you should start to invest in the other forms of medigation or stam. my second question is that why havent you reforged your gear for the 70% mark. you certainly have the option to do this. but you choose to grab an additional rough amount of 2% in both dodge and parry. and i wanted to hear why. thank you for your time, look forward to your thoughts.

Re: Lazeil want to hear thoughts on med options

Post 11 Oct 2011 06:35

I believe the reason why he didnt choose to cap block is because block only occours after dodges and parries, so if he has a higher dodge/parry he will need less mastery. Please correct me if im wrong :)

Taken from wowwiki:
Even at the minimum 102.4%, 2.4% will always be wasted in a sense. This wasted avoidance will always come from your chance to block, never from your chance to miss, parry, or dodge. This is because block is the lowest stat on the table.

And i believe the reason why he has chosen the block meta gem is because armor only plays a role if the attack hits. My guess would be (and the reason why i choose it aswell) that he dont plan for the attack to hit; thus making armor useless.

This should be understood like this:
If you have 5% block 1% is not of much value. If you have 60% block 1% is of high value.

So if you have high block the 1% meta gem will be of more importance than the armor.
If you have low block the armor will have more value than the block. Also because of the fact that alot of the attacks made against you will not get dodged, parried or blocked and then armor will be your last midigation.

Post 11 Oct 2011 12:16

User avatarCjindry

Hi everyone (its been a while ;D) , anyway first of all i wanna say that Lazeil seems to be capped :P
so let's see what the armory is reporting .... doing a quick Math:
Dodge:15.59%
Parry :15.66%+
Block :65.23%+
Miss__:5%+
Total= 101,48% (cap is 102,4%)
so, why i say he's capped? Because you should consider also:
1st MoTW / BoK
2nd Flask or Elixir
3rd Trinket Change
So that's it!

2nd question:
why he is not sticking on 70% cap?
Because once you reach the fctc aka bloc-cap there are two ways of acting:
1° is to have the minimum value of overall avoidance stat, still mantaining the bloc-cap; and for doing this you push up as much as you can the bloc value (wich provide more avoidance per point of stat) and reforge all what comes more to stamina.
2° is to push as much as you can your damage reduction (through boosting up dodge and parry and reforging/regeming the rest of block stamina)
3° is a combination of the first two arguments.

3rd question:
about the metagem:
in order to know what meta gem fits better for you, you have just to choose if you wanna go for stamina or for avoidance and (eventually if you are still unsure) you can calculate on your own how much dmg reduction gave you a certain meta and/or how much stat is worth that meta.

i hope i was clear enough, for any extra question don't esitate :P

Live or Exist. You have the Key

(actually on vacation, or better: studying)

Post 13 Oct 2011 09:27

And i guess the reason why Lazeil went for stamina instead of parry/dodge is because stamina is not effected by DR, am i correct here?

Post 13 Oct 2011 18:21

User avatarCjindry

Evilunclebill wrote:And i guess the reason why Lazeil went for stamina instead of parry/dodge is because stamina is not effected by DR, am i correct here?

the main reason is that having a bit more stamina may allow you to survive one extra hit

ofc stamina isn't affected by DR and is buffed by BoK/MoTW(+5%) and "Touched by the Light"(+15%)

Post 14 Oct 2011 06:23

Think you missunderstood me :P I didnt ask if i was correct about DR on stam but wheather of that being his reason ^^

Post 14 Oct 2011 12:50

User avatarCjindry

Evilunclebill wrote:Think you missunderstood me :P I didnt ask if i was correct about DR on stam but wheather of that being his reason ^^

Cjindry wrote:the main reason is that having a bit more stamina may allow you to survive one extra hit

he definitively get more survability from stamina so that's why imo (ofc to be sure wait for his answer :P )

Post 20 Oct 2011 19:08

I'm a healer so I try to look from the healing perspective. As cataclysm do need as high avoidance as possible and low stamina as possible IF you can get another migitation stat is always better. As every fight in cataclysm we fight against the mana. We can't just spam heals like before.

So it's always a risk that you don't count correctly. Like lets say you just recently got a new piece of gear. And now you need to do all the recount again after every single item you get.

And to the OP question. I actually like the idea with armor. Static stats should always be the best. But the question is if it's enough stat to be worth it?