Paladin discussion

Re: Paladin discussion

Post 21 Dec 2010 14:54

Ilonie, Diamontear and Smirk

First off keep rockin that shit love you guys.

Now for the real stuff, I have been doing bad napkin math and I was wondering your opinion. Is the 4pc or for that matter 2pc Holy set worth it at this point. We lose so much potential haste in going for it for a trinket proc on a 30 second CD. I was just wondering opinions or theorycraft that is missing from EJ.

Post 04 Aug 2011 20:20

Hey, I'm a protection paladin, and recently I'm having a hell of a time trying to keep aggro on single target pulls specifically against Fury and Arms warriors.

Here's my armory page.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravenholdt/Imawsum/simple

Any ideas?

Post 26 Aug 2011 12:43

User avatarCjindry

Awsum wrote:Hey, I'm a protection paladin, and recently I'm having a hell of a time trying to keep aggro on single target pulls specifically against Fury and Arms warriors.

Here's my armory page.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravenholdt/Imawsum/simple

Any ideas?

1- respec
2- reforge hit
3- fix your rotation
4- change weapon / apply shield spike
5- pray xD

Live or Exist. You have the Key

(actually on vacation, or better: studying)

Post 26 Nov 2012 18:00

Prot paladin and haste.

Fraggoji use hit/exp cap > ** HASTE ** > mastery

Seriously, I'm so amaze by that way to play the paladin ... i want to try it lol. I made some search but found little information about that. Beside Theck blog, no one really talk about the haste spec.

What are the pro / con ?
Do you need a certain Ilevel before planing to play that way ?
Any guide on the net about that spec/reforge ?

I can't wait to get new trinket to remove some stam trinket so I can reforge some haste and try it.

My armory :
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... x/advanced

Post 26 Nov 2012 21:23

User avatarfragi

Hey, haste is good especially in 10mans. It gives you good survivability via increased hp generation (higher SotR uptime) and also more healing + dps which can be a pretty big impact with less players. In 25man bosses hit harder and you don't necessarily need to contribute so much on the dps/healing so stamina (and mastery, which is not bad in 10man either) is more valuable in comparison.

I'm not sure about guides @ the internets, there should be something in EJ paladin section at least.

Hope this helps :)

Post 26 Nov 2012 22:42

Thank you for such a quick reply. I'm a big fan of Paragon and specially of Fraggoji :). I'll focus on getting none stamina trinket because right now even with reforge and gem I cant get a decent amount of haste if i focus on hit/exp first.

I guess hit/exp is the big priority over haste for that play style. So ill start with caping hit/exp and work on gear. Time to Q LFR as dps to get haste/mastery gear muhahaha.

I can't wait to see my heal say "WTF you're spec in haste ..." :)

Paladin Trinkets

Post 15 Jan 2013 09:14

Hey!
I'm a Paladin Tank in a 10 man raiding Guild and I started using that haste specc some months ago alreay, but i still wonder, what Trinkets might be best. Atm i'm using the Lei Shi and the Will of the Emperor trinket, but is any other trinket better? I mean, the Ghostirondragonling gives perfect stats as well. Also, I don't understand, why Fraggoji doesn't use the Sha touched weapon since you can get a prismatic socket for it.
Also, I would like to know, how viable Strength is in that situation.
I hope, you understand my questions,
my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/frostwolf/Grelsey/advanced
greetings from Germany :)
Grelsey

Post 15 Jan 2013 10:36

User avatarfragi

Hello, the Ghost iron dragonling is certainly a good trinket but the BiS trinket setup would be heroic Lei Shi / Will of the Emperor trinkets.
I don't have the sha-touched weapon equipped because I haven't obtained one yet.
Not exactly sure what you are referring to with the strength question but strength is a pretty good stat to have, worse than mastery/haste but a bit better than parry/dodge.
Hope that answers your questions :)

Post 15 Jan 2013 13:35

Thanks!
That was exactly, what I was looking for. :)
Thank you for that fast answer, I'll start theorycrafting for a bit then. :D
And good luck, getting a Sha-touched Weapon. ;)

Post 03 Feb 2013 11:02

Hello

Just some questions for Fraggoji. Firstly a quick one about enchants, are you using the Colossus enchant for any particular reason, or you simply waiting for the Sha weapon, to then put a better enchant on it?

Secondly, with blizzard talking about making changes to how Paladin Tank haste stacking is going to work, do you think haste will still be the best stat to stack, otherwise what do you think will be the new best stat for throne of the thunder king?

Finally, also along the lines of blizzard announcement for 5.2 and also after clearing all heroic mode content, could you give advice for the best steps to having the best possible gear going into the next raid (apart from just gather all you can ^^)

Here is my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... d/advanced

Thank you for your time

Callard