Sorrowsong for Ragnaros? @Diivil

Sorrowsong for Ragnaros? @Diivil

Post 28 Jul 2011 06:00

Diivil,
I checked your armory today and noticed you are using the Sorrowsong trinket.
Is there a specific reason for that choice? Is it good for the last phase of Ragnaros or what? Is that proc really superior to other trinkets sub 35%?
If so, why aren't Manni and Jubeto using it since all 3 of you are going Demo?

Sorry if this question is pointless and you were only doing some kind of weird test. It just got me curious and I had to ask =P

On the subject of trinkets, have you guys tested the Moonwell Chalice? Simcraft lists it as BiS for Demo and I was wondering what were your thoughts about this trinket.

Re: Sorrowsong for Ragnaros? @Diivil

Post 28 Jul 2011 08:01

P1 and p2 aren't that much of a problem if you're progressing heroic Ragnaros and you need a bunch of DPS in phase3 to trigger p4 with 2 Meteors (3 are pretty much overkill).

Thanks to the Scions from the second transition Sorrowsong will provide the full bonus the entire phase 3 (1700 spellpower 50% of p3) and makes it superior to other trinkets. Apart from that it'll perform decent enough in phase 4 as well, since the boss will drop under 35% fairly quick. As said in the beginning of my post everything except p3 and p4 isn't much of a problem dps wise.

ps: Sorrowsong sucks at every other encounter in the instance

Post 28 Jul 2011 09:39

Xayide wrote:Diivil,
I checked your armory today and noticed you are using the Sorrowsong trinket.
Is there a specific reason for that choice? Is it good for the last phase of Ragnaros or what? Is that proc really superior to other trinkets sub 35%?
If so, why aren't Manni and Jubeto using it since all 3 of you are going Demo?

Sorry if this question is pointless and you were only doing some kind of weird test. It just got me curious and I had to ask =P

On the subject of trinkets, have you guys tested the Moonwell Chalice? Simcraft lists it as BiS for Demo and I was wondering what were your thoughts about this trinket.

Moonwell chalice should be great but I don't have it yet myself.

Sorrowsong is for Ragnaros. The only phases that matter when going for a kill are the 2 last ones. And you are going to have the buff up almost 50% of the time in both of them. Manni and Jubeto both use it but simply have switched to their normal ones after the kill last night.

Noctan wrote:ps: Sorrowsong sucks at every other encounter in the instance

I could imagine using Sorrowsong on Rhyolith since there's so much stuff where it could proc from.

Post 28 Jul 2011 11:08

Diivil wrote:I could imagine using Sorrowsong on Rhyolith since there's so much stuff where it could proc from.

Oh, i just overlooked the adds on rhyolith and only thought of the burn phase (which is way too short imo), yeah it probably could work out there too.

Post 29 Jul 2011 09:42

Just trying to avoid posting multiply threads. So it's all about Ragnaros 25HM.

First of all i'm really impressed with your skill and playstyle, guys! Right now we are trying to kill Ragnaros in heroic mode and I want to ask you about demonology tips on him. Are there any specific moves to deal a lot of damage to Molten Elementals? I tried to use Rain of fire on their spawn spot plus my Felguard felstorm(i manually place him on their spawn spot) but they are movin really fast so my FG can hit them with felstorm just one-two times and Rain of Fire do very little damage due to their fast movement and a gap between tics. So what shoud i do(mb some Seed of corruption instead of RoF and intercepting+felstorm instead of placing it on the spot) to maximise my damage on them?
Best regards,
Байбек, Exploit EU-Черный Шрам

Post 29 Jul 2011 10:19

sliderbye wrote:Just trying to avoid posting multiply threads. So it's all about Ragnaros 25HM.

First of all i'm really impressed with your skill and playstyle, guys! Right now we are trying to kill Ragnaros in heroic mode and I want to ask you about demonology tips on him. Are there any specific moves to deal a lot of damage to Molten Elementals? I tried to use Rain of fire on their spawn spot plus my Felguard felstorm(i manually place him on their spawn spot) but they are movin really fast so my FG can hit them with felstorm just one-two times and Rain of Fire do very little damage due to their fast movement and a gap between tics. So what shoud i do(mb some Seed of corruption instead of RoF and intercepting+felstorm instead of placing it on the spot) to maximise my damage on them?
Best regards,
Байбек, Exploit EU-Черный Шрам

We did felstorm followed by 1 or 2 seed of corruptions (depending on haste and if you think you can get 2 off before the molten elemental hits you) followed by hellfire while running away. Makes sure you put you felguard to attack one of the molten elementals right when they active. That way it will follow them at least a little bit when they start moving.

We prefered to have felstorm already running when they activate instead of charging in and starting felstorm a second later. The whole point for us was to kill them as fast as possible.