Warlock Guide for Heroic Ragnaros

Re: Warlock Guide for Heroic Ragnaros

Post 02 Aug 2011 21:03

I missed it! Great Guide very helpfull thanks!

Just a question when you say invest in Mastery Heavely Would it be worth staying 1486 Haste rating (Goblin) 17.50 Mastery

Or 19.00 Mastery 1000Haste rating.

Also for instance if i have No soulshards left should i hardcast a felguard for the Demonsoul Bonus for Metamorphis

Post 02 Aug 2011 21:17

User avatarHermanni

I'm not sure if I'd go as low on haste as 1000. Suggest you simcraft it yourself to be sure though

Also you can pretty much use Felguard all the way until p3, and I'm not certain if hard-casting Felguard will help much in the end of p3, and it might even be a bit hard to pull off.

Post 02 Aug 2011 21:33

Definitely don't hard cast a felguard during P3.

But most likely you don't need to use 2 demon souls in P3 either with 2 meteors. So hard cast a felguard during the P3 to P4 phase transition for 1 felstorm and demon soul instantly when the P4 begins.

Post 15 Aug 2011 19:31

Hello fella Warlocks.

First of all I d like thank you Manni about your guide, you did an amazing job on it. Second of all I would like to ask something about your guys aoe in p2 of Ragnaros Heroic. My guild are claiming that the warlocks should be the top damages on the aoe, but we are not being even close to marks hunters, boomkims and frost dks. Are that normal? Because of our high latency (brazilian guild) we are letting the pet read to Felstorm, taking the maximum range of it. Cast 1x Seed of Corruption then run with immolate on. This take like 500~600k on Felstorm then more 100~150k of Seed and Immolate, while hunters, boomkins and dks are doing almost 1kk per aoe. Are we doing something wrong?

Post 16 Aug 2011 01:31

User avatarHermanni

Nailoz wrote:Hello fella Warlocks.

First of all I d like thank you Manni about your guide, you did an amazing job on it. Second of all I would like to ask something about your guys aoe in p2 of Ragnaros Heroic. My guild are claiming that the warlocks should be the top damages on the aoe, but we are not being even close to marks hunters, boomkims and frost dks. Are that normal? Because of our high latency (brazilian guild) we are letting the pet read to Felstorm, taking the maximum range of it. Cast 1x Seed of Corruption then run with immolate on. This take like 500~600k on Felstorm then more 100~150k of Seed and Immolate, while hunters, boomkins and dks are doing almost 1kk per aoe. Are we doing something wrong?

You shouldn't be able to top those classes so don't worry. Just Felstorm a bit in advance, land a SoC or two if you can and run away with Hellfire. If you don't get fixated, you can run up to them and Shadowflame and then Hellfire in the middle of them but that's all you really can do every wave without risking it.

You can tell your guild Demo AoE is dependant on 1) Cooldowns and 2) Melee range, neither of which can be consistently used against the Molten Elementals.

Post 09 Sep 2011 09:32

Hello
Firstly thank you for the guide. We are currently working on rag heroic 10 man and I have some issues during molten elemental spawns. I have tried macroing to target elemental, attack and felstorm then cast soc.If they get in range I hellfire.

I place my felguard approx 5 yards from the main seed pack as you state, but it doesnt seem to matter what stance I have him in, he just felstorms on the spot. Is there any way to have him pick a target to attack and felstorm that one. I realise he wont have the speed to keep up with the pack as he moves really slow during a storm but he just seems to refuse to move at all, Its kind of frustrating to see him whirling round when the elementals have already passed him.
Currently our shadow priest is macroing his mind sear of my FG so he hits them pretty much as soon as they become active , so it would be really useful if I could get him to at least follow the pack. we are managing to kill the ele's but I just feel I could be handling this phase better any macro tips would be very much appreciated.

Post 09 Sep 2011 09:56

User avatarHermanni

I just target the Molten Elementals 1-2 seconds before the explosion, hit Felstorm and just spam a macro like

Code: Select all
#showtooltip Seed of Corruption
/petattack
/cast Seed of Corruption

Post 09 Sep 2011 09:59

Thanks for your quick response. I think my issue is probably using felstorm too late