Demo H Rag Pet Issues

Demo H Rag Pet Issues

Post 29 Sep 2011 07:01

Heya,

My guild started working on H Rag not too long ago, and I've been having some problems with my pet being obedient when I need him most during phase 2. We use the Paragon strat in 10 man, since we have more or less the perfect comp for it. I've tried several different keystroke patterns, and 9 times out of 10 it works just fine. But the 10th time the Felguard just does something stupid, and I don't understand why.

I'd really appreciate some insight, if some locks from the community could just describe what they do for that phase to maximize Felstorm uptime on those adds.

I personally have keybound my Pet "Go-to" command and my Pet "follow" command. I set the pet to passive (although I have a /petattack macro bound to my shadowbolt).

We stack, then run together to our secondary stack point when the Seeds launch. After we're at the second spot, I order the pet with the "Go-to" keybind and click the ground near the Seeds. I use a /cast Felstorm macro just as the Seeds are about to explode, and our Shadow Priest channels Mind Sear focused on my pet. Then I use the "follow" keybind while he's Felstorming. When I do that, he actually returns to me very quickly and keeps up with the group the whole time, hitting them for the full duration of the storm. During this time I make sure not to use my /petattack macro or issue any other commands to the pet. As I said, 9/10 times it works fine.

Then, occasionally, I'll go to issue the "go-to" command and he'll stay there for a second. Then, without any other commands or macros being activated, he will just start running straight towards me and stand there at my side.

I don't understand why he does that at all. I even tried several attempts where, after issuing the initial go-to command so he'd get in initial position, I wouldn't press any other buttons, and he would still occasionally decide to come over to me.

Are there any known issues about the platform that would affect this interaction? Is there a more efficient way to position a pet through other macros or keybinds?

Thanks for the help,
- Sambeckett

Re: Demo H Rag Pet Issues

Post 29 Sep 2011 14:11

Sambeckett wrote:Heya,

We stack, then run together to our secondary stack point when the Seeds launch. After we're at the second spot, I order the pet with the "Go-to" keybind and click the ground near the Seeds.

This is what you are doing wrong. Go-to has a low range on it meaning you can't command your pet to move to a position that's like 35+ yards away from where you are. You should preposition your pet before the seeds go down and then just felstorm from there. Or move closer while you are issuing the go-to command but the first option is a lot easier of course since you can position it while waiting for the next seed spawn.

Post 29 Sep 2011 20:40

Thanks for your prompt reply :D

I didn't find range to be too much of a problem, I could actually assign him to go-to the correct area pre-fight from all the way across the room, but it very well could be different in combat.

How would you recommend a warlock to best position his pet? Tonight I was planning on just leaving it passive, issuing the Follow command to get it in the right spot, then /petattack and leave him attacking there until I called him back during Felstorm. Is there a better way?

Post 29 Sep 2011 22:16

You can check from our Ragnaros kill video the position where we are at. From there I simply order my pet slightly to our right and attack Ragnaros from there. Then when the seeds explode I use felstorm and make him attack the closest one to the raid (basically your seed of corruption target) so that it follows the group at least a little bit. I always keep my pet on passive.

Post 29 Sep 2011 22:59

Diivil, have you considered remaking your Demonology guide?

Manni's Destruction guide was excellent, but Demonology is just a flavor sweeter.