Haste and Mastery

Haste and Mastery

Post 15 Mar 2012 17:32

Hello. i have 2 question.

One is. Now im going all out on mastery
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Styggan/advanced

Ther is my armory. On EJ they say the cap is 1573 or 1993 or something, but in viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3136 you say that haste dont matter.

And 2 questen is. Its that the best gear i can have atm. I have in the bags. Mosswrought Shoulderguards(HC), Robes of the Faceless Shroud, Gloves of Liquid Smoke and Cord of the Slain Champion. i think. If im going all out on mastery the gear i have on is the best. But ye....if just mastery is the best i dont know so.

Re: Haste and Mastery

Post 16 Mar 2012 06:50

1. When considering a single target encounter, haste plateaus make very little difference to your dps and that's the reason they should be pretty much ignored unless you are very closs to a plateau already without any sacrifices on mastery/int. In multi target fights the plateaus (or caps if you prefer to use that term) matter more though, so you should reforge your gear with that in mind. They won't make gamebraking difference in any situation though.

2. I would suggest you to use Simcraft to get your own stat values straight and then just calculate it yourself. You can of course do separate simulations for each piece of gear but I'd personally consider that to be more work. We all have our own preferences though :)

Post 16 Mar 2012 13:07

ok, that help me alot :) . but i have tryd sim and i got good result...i think. But i have problem whit sim my gear i have in the bags. Is ther i easy way to put them into my profile whiut using Mrrobbert och just change them ingame and load a new profile?

As you can see my eng is not the best cus i have dyslexia. have sometimes i have some problem to understand the eng text. So i dident find a easy way to swap gear in the program.

Post 16 Mar 2012 18:19

I haven't played with different gear sets in Simcraft quite as much as I should (shame on me) but I believe the easiest ways to import your gear to Simcraft are having a profile in Chardev (or something similar) or simply switching your gear in-game and importing from armory. If you think those are too tricky methods, I'd suggest you to simply calculate it with every piece of gear after you have simmed your own stat values. Of course your stat values change a bit every time you switch a gear piece but that shouldn't make a noticeable difference. For example:

Shoulder item has 300 int, 200 mastery and 200 crit <---- shoulder piece once
The optional piece of loot has 280 int, 200 haste and 200 mastery <---- shoulder piece two

Your stat values are following:

int: 4
mastery 3
haste 3
crit 2

Shoulder piece one improves your dps by 300 x 4 + 200 x 3 + 200 x 2 = 2200
Shoulder piece two improves your dps by 280 x 4 + 200 x 3 + 200 x 3 = 2320

Shoulder piece two wins.

I obviously just threw every single value out of my head but I have always considered calculations like that to be the fastest way to compare different items. Of course you need to remember the possibility of reforging as well and raw math (really simple but still would consider it "raw") isn't probably the easiest solution for everyone but at least it is an option to consider.

TLDR: Try Chardev or switching in-game and importing from armory, if both of those feel too much work for you, try just calculating it out by yourself for each individual item.

Post 16 Mar 2012 20:04

As far as iv been testing and talking with other warlocks full haste or full mastery as demo is almoust the same.

Post 16 Mar 2012 20:24

I disagree with that statement but feel free to provide some numbers :)

Post 21 Mar 2012 19:09

Daewyn wrote:I haven't played with different gear sets in Simcraft quite as much as I should (shame on me) but I believe the easiest ways to import your gear to Simcraft are having a profile in Chardev (or something similar) or simply switching your gear in-game and importing from armory. If you think those are too tricky methods, I'd suggest you to simply calculate it with every piece of gear after you have simmed your own stat values. Of course your stat values change a bit every time you switch a gear piece but that shouldn't make a noticeable difference. For example:

Shoulder item has 300 int, 200 mastery and 200 crit <---- shoulder piece once
The optional piece of loot has 280 int, 200 haste and 200 mastery <---- shoulder piece two

Your stat values are following:

int: 4
mastery 3
haste 3
crit 2

Shoulder piece one improves your dps by 300 x 4 + 200 x 3 + 200 x 2 = 2200
Shoulder piece two improves your dps by 280 x 4 + 200 x 3 + 200 x 3 = 2320

Shoulder piece two wins.

I obviously just threw every single value out of my head but I have always considered calculations like that to be the fastest way to compare different items. Of course you need to remember the possibility of reforging as well and raw math (really simple but still would consider it "raw") isn't probably the easiest solution for everyone but at least it is an option to consider.

TLDR: Try Chardev or switching in-game and importing from armory, if both of those feel too much work for you, try just calculating it out by yourself for each individual item.

I like that method, too, but instead of doing the math yourself, you can just take the link to wowhead that simcraft gives you and you get all loot available listed in order of value for your specific weights.
You only have to be careful with hit pieces and the automatic reforging it does (it always reforges to hit when it can, for instance, sometimes giving you false ordering).