Warlock discussion

Re: Warlock discussion

Post 21 May 2011 06:00

User avatarHermanni

Phurie wrote:Hello and thank you for taking time out of your personal life to consider my post. I recently started playing my affliction lock again and I have a few question that I'm having a hard time finding an answer to.

I was wondering if due to the fact that dots are affected by haste only when they are first cast is it a dps gain to recast dots such as Corruption, Unstable Affliction, and Haunt during haste procs. Also with the felhunter being the pet of choice at this time is it better to channel drain life during Demon Soul or just keep spamming Shadow Bolt. The last question I have is that as an affliction lock what is the best use for Soulburn during an encounter.

Once again thank you for taking the time to consider my post.

Even biggest temporary haste buffs would only benefit your DoTs a few extra ticks, definitely not making it worth the global it takes to recast them if it means you have to hard-clip them. Regarding Drain Life, it probably won't be a good idea any more after the hotfix nerf, but they didn't update Simcraft for it yet so I can't tell for sure. Soulburn: Soul Fire still works well when you have to move and the other stuff is a bit situational.

Post 18 Jul 2011 18:03

Hey guyz,
Is there anyway I can optimise my gear through:
- Gemming
- Reforging
- Enchanting
- Or Even More Suitable Gear

I feel this is perfect but as i'm not as experienced, so I may be missing something.

Armoury - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Mazrigos/thehardone/advanced

Post 20 Jul 2011 06:30

Thehardone wrote:Hey guyz,
Is there anyway I can optimise my gear through:
- Gemming
- Reforging
- Enchanting
- Or Even More Suitable Gear

I feel this is perfect but as i'm not as experienced, so I may be missing something.

Armoury - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Mazrigos/thehardone/advanced

Get rid of mining (I know, not one of the things you listed but I still would do it), change the haste int gem on your belt to a 40 int one and switch 50 hit enchant on your feet to a 35 mastery runspeed one.

Post 16 Aug 2011 20:03

Hi guys. I have a doubt about demonology trinkets. Just noticed that Jubeto and Manni are not using Moonwell Chalice trinket. There are several theorycrafts in EJ and other forums that make it a BiS trinket. Did you guys discovered something that make this invalid against ur guys trinkets? (Bell and Volcano)

Post 16 Aug 2011 20:12

Nailoz wrote:Hi guys. I have a doubt about demonology trinkets. Just noticed that Jubeto and Manni are not using Moonwell Chalice trinket. There are several theorycrafts in EJ and other forums that make it a BiS trinket. Did you guys discovered something that make this invalid against ur guys trinkets? (Bell and Volcano)

They have just been slacking with daily quests.

Post 02 Sep 2011 15:16

Hi, this is my first time posting on your website, but i have a couple questions for you Diivil, if you don't mind answering, i've been playing my lock for 7 years, going between affliction, demo, and destro, i do not know if i should be pulling more than 20k dps on shannox 10m with my gear and as affliction.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ark/simple

I just got Rune of Zeth last night, and for some reason I am pulling below 18k on staghelm, (I cannot find Group 2's log for my guild in worldoflogs.com, but i was pulling around 16k+ in domo last night, im not sure what i can do to improve my dps with my current gear, as i was currently in affliction spec during Domo.

Please answer when your avaiable, I don't want to make you waste your time answering my questions when your raiding/busy etc.

Post 04 Sep 2011 10:10

Hi, this is my first time posting on your website, but i have a couple questions for you Diivil, if you don't mind answering, i've been playing my lock for 7 years, going between affliction, demo, and destro, i do not know if i should be pulling more than 20k dps on shannox 10m with my gear and as affliction.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ark/simple

I just got Rune of Zeth last night, and for some reason I am pulling below 18k on staghelm, (I cannot find Group 2's log for my guild in worldoflogs.com, but i was pulling around 16k+ in domo last night, im not sure what i can do to improve my dps with my current gear, as i was currently in affliction spec during Domo.

Please answer when your avaiable, I don't want to make you waste your time answering my questions when your raiding/busy etc.

It's hard to tell if you did right or wrong with just your dps value. Was it 10m, 25m? did u have spriest or ele shaman? Anyway it's normal that your dps will be higher in shannox pull since you'd be multidotting like hell.

What you can do to improve your dps is to pay attention on your cd/procs. For example:
Rune of Zeth is an amazing trinket for affli lock, it has 50% cd of your demon soul, so it means you will use it once with ds, once alone.
This means your bane of doom will never be "empty", and always charged with some bonus sp. If you will be able to sync your trinkets and your rotation with your procs, you will notice a huge dps gain.
Set auras or tellmewhen or whatever you want to have a better vision of your temp buffs!!

Another tip i can give you is try to reach 2589 haste. This wont change your life, but will boost a bit your UA.

Last but not least....try DEMO!

Post 04 Sep 2011 11:22

I want to be able to stick to Affliction for most fights, i normally go Demo when its Ryolith for the AoE that needs to be done on adds, I usually pop Demon Soul/Rune of Zeth when I start my rotation, I'm not sure but is casting corruption right before Haunt refreshes the dot, clipping it from doing more damage?

Post 05 Sep 2011 09:25

refreshing corruption with the original spell is the same as with haunt. You just put a corruption with your current amount of spell power that will last till next haunt refresh.
This means that if you manually refresh corruption with 10k SP and after 5 sec you do an haunt with 8k SP, your corruption will count as 8k SP till next refresh. So refreshing it manually just results in a waste of gcd.

Post 05 Sep 2011 11:53

Ahh ok then, thanks for that.