Warlock discussion

Re: Warlock discussion

Post 11 Oct 2011 13:46

Hi everyone,
im progressing fl HC with my guild and we r 6/7. I would like to know your opinions about warlock t12hc offset.
I think best offset is Ragnaros gloves but since i dont do raggy hc yet i have the problem to choose myself a different offset for now. For sure the best one would be Ryolith helm but you know how hard can be to drop that helm with the RIGHT stats!
So thing is between beth chest and baleroc shoulders..
I personally prefer chest but i ses TONS of lock with shoulders as offset, an easy example is Diivil, and i am really asking myself why (dont think divil never dropped a better offset after so much time of patch!).
Which one do you think is better?

Post 11 Oct 2011 18:03

Riccardino wrote:Hi everyone,
im progressing fl HC with my guild and we r 6/7. I would like to know your opinions about warlock t12hc offset.
I think best offset is Ragnaros gloves but since i dont do raggy hc yet i have the problem to choose myself a different offset for now. For sure the best one would be Ryolith helm but you know how hard can be to drop that helm with the RIGHT stats!
So thing is between beth chest and baleroc shoulders..
I personally prefer chest but i ses TONS of lock with shoulders as offset, an easy example is Diivil, and i am really asking myself why (dont think divil never dropped a better offset after so much time of patch!).
Which one do you think is better?

I have had Ragnaros 397 gloves since our first heroic kill. There simply haven't been enough conqueror shoulders dropping that I could the 4 piece bonus with the gloves. I think we got 2 conqueror shoulders total from 7 or 8 resets.

Post 12 Oct 2011 11:16

I have had Ragnaros 397 gloves since our first heroic kill. There simply haven't been enough conqueror shoulders dropping that I could the 4 piece bonus with the gloves. I think we got 2 conqueror shoulders total from 7 or 8 resets.

well i would have been expecting everything except you still need some loot :)!
anyway since raggy hc is far from now, do you think i should need on beth chest or bale shoulders?

Post 14 Oct 2011 15:59

Well, it really depends on your current other pieces of gear and your personal stat weights.
For my own toon's stat weights, it's just better to wear 5 pieces of t12 if you're considering that you don't have access to Rhyolith's helm. If that's not your toon's case, it really depends on whether you're reforging out of hit or not... Since Beth's chest has the best secondary stats plus a red socket as opposed to T12's yellow one, it's probably the best choice.

You should run simcraft on your own toon to be sure though...

Post 15 Oct 2011 19:08

Xayide wrote:

yeah i know but dps gaining would depend not only on wich piece is better but also on the improve that the item gives replacing the old one. i should use rawr and create two different "ideal" models then sim it anyway, you're right!

ty for ur answer

Post 17 Oct 2011 12:01

Riccardino wrote:
Xayide wrote:

yeah i know but dps gaining would depend not only on wich piece is better but also on the improve that the item gives replacing the old one. i should use rawr and create two different "ideal" models then sim it anyway, you're right!

ty for ur answer

That's what I meant =) You can also use chardev for that.

If you don't wanna have all that trouble, another option would be simming your current gear, take the wowhead link from the simcraft output and check which choice would be best based on the score wowhead gives each item.
The first option is more accurate though.