Warlock discussion

Re: Warlock discussion

Post 27 Jun 2010 21:23

Hello ,

was watching few days before at EJ about how much haste cap is for demo specc,and after some reading i am starting to just dont trust those guys.So,this goes for Tsukky,Jubeto & Diivil,what is your opinion about that? And still not sure about what stone should i use,spellstone or firestone?.

Waiting feedback,cheers.

Post 03 Jul 2010 04:16

Hi,

A few quick general affliction questions/opinions, one, what are a few different situations/encounters where i would need to substitute CoD or CoE for CoA?

Two, i sometimes find myself moving forward to cancel the casting of Unstable Affliction so i don't clip, should i continue the cast once i've started or let that last tick hit then apply like i'm currently doing?

Lastly, under 25% hp when channeling drain soul, if shadow trance procs i use shadow bolt after the next tick of drain soul? And if Eradication where to proc while channeling what should i do?

Thanks,
Metrius

Post 06 Jul 2010 12:07

Hi there.

@diivil ... I am playing Warlock Demo , played naxx/uld/toc/icc allways as Demo on other patch my DPS was pretty good allways top7 right now on ICC 3weeks ago i have seen my DPS aint that good idk why , i think my Gear is pretty fine escape 1trinkte that is lvl 232 i know that i still need gear a bit but i think that i am not using my rotation very good ... can you help me out abit with that ?

btw... what you say Black Magic or 63 Spellpower on wep ?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Wardia

Thanks for understanding

Post 06 Jul 2010 15:37

User avatarHermanni

Hello, I'm none of the warlocks-in-chief I believe you would rather see reply, but because so many of you seem uncertain about which stone you should use as demo, please forgive me for chipping in.

As a baseline I did a quick Simulationcraft run on my profile to determine my demo DPS without either stone (1000 iterations, 300 sec fights, patchwerk-style.) You should however bear in mind that I've played affliction 98% of the time since 3.3 and my gear isn't what you'd expect from a demo lock.

Average DPS: 12066
Scale factor for haste rating: 1.5535
Scale factor for crit rating: 1.1639

Now, instead of just simulating the results with both stones, let's first take the mathy approach to determine the stones' DPS values. I want to keep this as simple as possible which is why I will use the assumption that the 1% modifier from the stones is multiplicative with all the other modifiers for spell damage, which will further increase the inaccuracy of this post but presumably by a small enough margin. I'll also use the old scale factors to determine the value of combat ratings.

Firestone

1% increase in direct spell damage + 196 crit rating with 2/2 Master Conjuror
-According to simcraft direct damage spells were ~67.6% of total damage, thus

1,01(12066x0.676)-(12066x0.676)=~81,6 DPS
196*1,1639=~228.1 DPS

=~309,7 DPS

(I wasn't certain if Immolation would be considered direct damage or not, but I did not want to make my hypothesis that Spellstone is better to benefit from a possible mistake and thus assumed it would be DD.)

Spellstone

1% increase in periodic spell damage + 240 haste rating with 2/2 Master Conjuror
-According to simcraft periodic damage spells were ~13.6 of total damage, thus

1,01(12066x0.136)-(12066x0,136)=~16,4 DPS
240x15535=~372,1 DPS

=~388,5 DPS

Now I will run the simulationcraft to check if I got it right:

Simulation with Spellstone: 12451 DPS (+385 DPS)
Simulation with Firestone: 12387 DPS (+321 DPS)

These results seem to be well within the margins of my inaccurate math models, so based on this, I would conclude that Spellstone is indeed better. This however depends highly on your scale factors (which depend highly on your gear), so if you want to be perfectly certain, I'd warmly recommend you to consult your spreadsheet and simulationcraft with your own profile.

Sorry for the inaccuracies and possible mistakes.

Post 06 Jul 2010 17:18

Hello warlocks of Paragon! My friends from my guild were at Dreamhack summer and they saw you raid live. However they said that one of your warlocks did 22k dps on Lord Marrowgar. I said told them that they were nuts, but the question is, are they!?

Post 10 Jul 2010 12:13

removed

Post 28 Sep 2010 13:24

@diivil : idk if u'r playing in PTR of cata , but i am interested b4 i see new talents.

wich are best talents when patch 4. comes out next week and can u tell em about rotation something if thats possible?

Post 28 Sep 2010 19:27

Wardia wrote:@diivil : idk if u'r playing in PTR of cata , but i am interested b4 i see new talents.

wich are best talents when patch 4. comes out next week and can u tell em about rotation something if thats possible?

Do you know more than tall the other players?

Post 26 Jan 2011 22:47

Helps if you ask what Spec you want a rotation for.

How are you guys about Aff vs Destro? I specced Aff for our Raid tonight and came top DMG/DPS on almost every fight (cleared up to nef+cho'gall). It's amazing how much extra DPS you can pull out via Soulswapping (Love the Valiona fight, 23k dps woo!)

Also curious if you guys change specs depending on fights? I switch to Demo for stuff like Halfus, Maloriak and then play Aff for virtually anything else due to the very poor Single target damage Demo can conjure.

Apart from that i'd have to say Aff > Destro, though I've yet to venture into Heroic territory!

Post 29 Mar 2011 13:07

Question-

I have played warlock for 1 and a half year now.
Since cataclysm my dps have been BAD for my own good.
I really need some help.
First of all. I tried all 3 specs. Same results. Around 10-15k IN RAIDS.
I cant figure out what im doing wrong.
I have read up on warlocks worked on my rotation even with people checking that im casting like i should to maximise my dps.
Now im back in the destro spec and have choosen that one.

Can this be a gear issue for me?. Is it the stats? or am i frankly just doing a wrong rotation.
I will link my armory and write my rotation and then i hope there will be some nice answers :)

http://www.wow-heroes.com/ eu nanzen argent dawn.. Armory is down.. so thats the only way to do this.,

Rotation - Soulfire as starter - then corruption - immolate - conflagrate - Chaos bolt - Incinerate.
Then i also use my Demon and lifeblood everytime of CD, and ofc the curse of elements + doom.

Any suggestions?