Shaman discussion

Re: Shaman discussion

Post 28 Sep 2010 10:32

There can be also other reason why your healing done seems to be low. I noticed that some healers have way to long time reaction for dmg and before they will cast their heals target is already topped (so your healing will become full overhealing or even you will interrupt your cast since there will be no need to heal certain target). My healing tactic is maybe not the best, but for sure pretty effective - i'm constantly spamming my heals on target that are prettended to take most dmg at this moment of fight. I'm not waiting untill someone will take dmg, but healing all the time so mostly my targets are topped straight away.

How to predict which targets might require more healing than others? Just think about boss tactics and roles of your raid members - for example spamming melee during ooze explosion on PP, casters with Unchained Magic during Sindragossa encounter or players linked with Pact of Darkfallen by BQL is always very effective and can help to avoid deaths.

With overhealing around 50% i can compete with any other raid healer and mostly i'm on top of meters. If you are affraid that constant spam might cause you oom to fast - remember about rotating mana cd's, ask your druids for innervate, rotate Mana Tide Totem with other resto shamman or eventually ask your priests for Hymn of Hope when you will be in serious troubles. Also as Dygwyn said , be aware of your water shield. Refresh it when you have to move for example, to avoid loosing time for it.

Post 25 Oct 2010 20:32

What is the addon called that displays Earth Shield, Power Word Shield, Water Shield on Grid?
Is it an addon at all, or is it some self made stuff?

Official Shaman hero.

Post 26 Oct 2010 00:43

Hey i would like to know how much mastery is necessary as an ele shaman n how much crit is neccesary ty

Post 26 Oct 2010 01:18

User avatarKyy

Revency wrote:Hey i would like to know how much mastery is necessary as an ele shaman n how much crit is neccesary ty

As much mastery as possible. Int > mastery > haste > crit. I don't know what kinda of gear you're having but for anyone running in icc gear crit % is going to be fine even with reforging every crit into mastery

Hating with passion

Post 26 Oct 2010 19:24

ty very much for answering

Post 20 Jan 2011 20:00

hi everyone,

I am testing elem spec with my character.

I've optimized my equipment to have

1/ hit cap
2/ max int
3/ max mastery
4/ crit
5/ haste

here my armory link

i dont use flame shock glyph but i include unleash element in my cycle because with lot of mastery i often have LB or lightening proc when i unleash element.

i reached 38% proc in elemental overload in order to make up my loss in haste.

Do you think it is viable?

sorry for my english i'm working on it :)

Post 20 Jan 2011 20:26

User avatarKyy

haste > mastery

ue = dps loss if used as part of "non movement rotation"

flame shock glyph = way better then flame tongue glyph

Hating with passion

Post 20 Jan 2011 21:26

but why ?

i have elemntal mastery procs when i cast UE so i dont lose lot of dps and my next LB is buffed so if there is a proc it is althougt buffed.

and my haste is too weak to make flame shock viable

i profit for more procs of elemental oath i think.

another question.

in a raid normal situation how much dps an elem sham deals with a hast mastery optimisation
Last edited by Yaghor on 20 Jan 2011 21:31, edited 1 time in total.

Post 20 Jan 2011 21:30

User avatarKyy

even if you don't lose much you still lose dps while casting ue instead of lightning bolt or lava burst. I cba to post all the calculations on which I base this. But if you wanna see it yourself try checking elitist jerks or totem spot forums.

Hating with passion

Post 20 Jan 2011 21:32

thank you i'll check that and test both optimisations to see the difference.

ok it's great tested on dummies alone average dps 15 k.

on bosses with the gains on critical with buf it may be nice and with bloodlust and elem <3

another question if a can gain a level in mastery eating mastery food is it better than intel food or haste food ?