4.3 Brief Fire Guide

Re: 4.3 Brief Fire Guide

Post 17 Feb 2012 15:50

Snakpack wrote:Ok so, tonight we raided again and got some rather crap attempts at H yor'saj and hagara. I did notice though that since the reforges to the 1505 haste I seem to have taken about an 8k dps loss. I have more crit and i'm critting more often but the only thing i can attribute the dps loss too is the loss of haste. Here are the logs from tonight and any input would be greatly beneficial.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dnneq ... details/9/

and again here is my armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/u ... k/advanced

Snakpack, You really cant get an accurate measure of your DPS on 45 - 90 second attempts. the 1505 haste build will turn out to be better. i mean heck, you could reforge 500 crit to mastery and it wouldn't be a 8k DPS loss. lol

Post 17 Feb 2012 22:23

Thank you so much for the feedback. I just wanna say wow hahahah. I feel quite ashamed to be playing my mage right now TBH. I'm VERY THANKFUL for the quick feedback. I honestly was unaware of a few of those things. Now that they have been brought to light, well ill just say its VERY nice. Well it seems I have a bit of work to do in the realm of improvement.

Post 18 Feb 2012 02:11

I definately understand what your saying, It's just frustrating since I run with my guilds progression group and last night my dps just wasn't cutting it. Even on our Morchok kill (which we changed our strat a bit and had some issues until we went back to our normal one) I seemed to be running quite a bit lower than normal. I'll give it some more time and see how it pulls out. Simc is showing a slight dps increase so we'll see. I'll keep you updated.

Post 20 Feb 2012 00:20

Am i going blind or is the post where you had the BiS gear gone? Can't find it anywhere :o

Post 20 Feb 2012 00:33

User avatarGuromin

Adari,

Bottom on page 12. I really should update the guide to include it there as well.

-Guromin

Post 23 Feb 2012 21:25

Hey Guromin, I saw your transmog set and it's so fcking amazing, i saw on wow head where it drops but not sure whats the best way to get it. Got the head aldry but can u tell me whats the best way to get the rest of the gear please?

Post 24 Feb 2012 00:09

User avatarGuromin

Littleown,

I'm glad you like my gear :)

I cannot take all of the credit for the set because I stole the idea from Qwertly (a good mage friend of mine). It took me about a month to acquire all the items and I did so by purchasing them from the Auction House. I didn't farm to get any of them, nor do I know how to off the top of my head. My best suggestion is to just keep refreshing the AH.

-Guromin

Post 25 Feb 2012 01:50

Hi Guromin
and thanks again for answering my pm. made some progress.

I´ve got another question. How do i get the greatest aoe dmg by yorsaij hc 25 man?
I try to spare my mirrorimages für the black phase wait until first mobs reach me get a
blast wave on the adds hit combustion whenn i got an ignite and spread it with impact.

can i do better?

additional question to Yorsaij: a fellow mage uses LB Glyph in this fight, does this make any sense? Pyro crits might give a better combustion and a lot of dps during the rest of the fight might be wasted. What is your advice here?
Last edited by Vongol on 25 Feb 2012 22:25, edited 1 time in total.

Post 25 Feb 2012 22:02

Guromin wrote:
Ignite stacks when a target is crit twice (or more via Dragonwrath) before ignite ticks (2 seconds) the ignite's strenth will stack and be nearly twice as strong. Two hits at the same time do not cause ignite to stack. One of the values will be munched.

Does this mean that Dragonwrath proc can proc an ignite or makes bigger? plz elaberate:D

Post 26 Feb 2012 05:38

User avatarGuromin

Vongol,

There was a recent post about this exact issue so please refer to that for more details.

Your logic in the pattern of spreading combustion is where I believe the problem may be. You do not want to do anything that will disrupt ignite or cause it fall of when you are approaching that short 5-10 second golden window for spreading combustion. If you get a hot streak proc before you enter the window save it. You want to fire it off when there is a fresh ignite on the target that has not ticked yet. Then either the fireball you cast after that ignite went on the target will crit or the pyroblast. If neither crit that is simply bad rng you have to deal with it and spread combustion anyway. At this point if you already have the proc to spread combustion use it as soon as it appears on the boss. If not use blats wave after applying combustion and the spread the dot. Since you would have to wait a second for combustion to register anyway, there isn't much of a loss here. All of the adds will be stack up so the chance of 0 out of nearly 60 opportunities for Impact to proc is minuscule, however, if it does not proc use Flame Strike until you do get a proc and then spread combustion.

Gothen,

Dragonwrath procs have the ability to crit even if the first one did not. Simply enough this crit will factor into ignite. It does not create a new dot on the target. It will increase the stregth of the one currently applied. If both Dragonwrath's proc and the spell you cast crit only one will be factored into ignite and the other will be menched because two crits that hit at the exact same time will not cause ignite to stack.

Simply answer: Does it make ignite bigger? It makes bigger ignite more frequent.

Hope it helps,

-Guromin