Small guide for demonology warlocks (updated for 3.3.3)

Re: Small guide for demonology warlocks (for 3.3.2)

Post 18 Feb 2010 06:50

Hi there! I'm using the same Spec, Glyphs and rotation, but I seem to pull crap DPS, The maximum I've ever seen by me is 6k on Saurfang, but I had metamorphosis, SP trink and Hero on me. I HAVE gotten 5k ONCE on a dummy, but every other time I can only pull 4k DPS.
My armory link is http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei'Thos&cn=Aired If there is anyway you can help me, that would be great.
Thanks!

Post 19 Feb 2010 09:33

Aired wrote:Hi there! I'm using the same Spec, Glyphs and rotation, but I seem to pull crap DPS, The maximum I've ever seen by me is 6k on Saurfang, but I had metamorphosis, SP trink and Hero on me. I HAVE gotten 5k ONCE on a dummy, but every other time I can only pull 4k DPS.
My armory link is http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei'Thos&cn=Aired If there is anyway you can help me, that would be great.
Thanks!

It's impossible for me to comment on what you are doing wrong without a link to wowwebstats, worldoflogs or something similar. Just follow the priority system I have written in the OP. The most important thing is to cast something all the time, if you don't know what you should do, cast shadowbolt and think your next move during that time.

You are wayyyyy over the hit cap. It's 17% againts boss mobs. -3% if you have a shadowpriest or moonkin and -1% if you have a dreanei in your group.

Enchant your gear properly, get rid of that extra hit, both of your trinkets are really bad, also level up professions for their bonuses.

Post 20 Feb 2010 06:07

Thanks for all the help to the people who have posted, I've gotten one better trinket, and am working towards leveling my enchanting and tailoring... Tailoring is a bitch to level... With the trinket, Ive seen a minor increase in DPS. and I am working to lose some of my hit... Once again thanks for the help.

Post 04 Mar 2010 23:13

diivil could you post a link to your armory? I cant seem to figure out how to look up the EU characters.

I love playing demo and i do about 8k or a little more on most fights in 25m. and im using 2 lvl 200 trinkets that proc spll pwr and they seem to proc a lot. I probably wont switch them out until m guild can down rotface and sindragosa to get the 2 trinkets from them. Dislodged foreign object and phylactery of the nameless lich.

Thank you

Post 05 Mar 2010 16:26

Hows it coming with a Screenshot of your Ui Diivil? :>

Looking around to swap my ui. But its such a hassle. But really cant go 100% in every fight with 10fps.

Post 11 Mar 2010 11:10

Hi Diivil, I Already kill lich king on 10 man (affli spec), and i have a question. Immolation Aura on Demon Form hits Vile Spirits on last phase?
Thx for Your Time , GL on Lk 25man HM

Post 19 Mar 2010 07:43

diivil what's the addon called with the life tap, decimation timer and such?

Post 19 Mar 2010 09:13

kimmel wrote:diivil what's the addon called with the life tap, decimation timer and such?

Needtoknow

Post 20 Mar 2010 17:58

Mr. diivil i'd like to hear your advice about 2 things concerning demon play.

1st when you're in a boss fight and you have to kill an add that you know it's going to last about 20-30 seconds. is it better to use corr->immo->SB or just spam SB?

2nd once you've killed the add, and you have decimation up, target the boss once more and he has no corr nor immo up. do you use corr->immo->SF or just spam SF while decimation is up? (asuming the boss has more than 35%)

I really need to know those 2 things, Thanks.