Small guide for demonology warlocks (updated for 3.3.3)

Re: Small guide for demonology warlocks (for 3.3.2)

Post 22 Mar 2010 21:32

Mclaud wrote:Mr. diivil i'd like to hear your advice about 2 things concerning demon play.

1st when you're in a boss fight and you have to kill an add that you know it's going to last about 20-30 seconds. is it better to use corr->immo->SB or just spam SB?

For 20-30 sec add: immo, corr, sbolt.

Mclaud wrote:2nd once you've killed the add, and you have decimation up, target the boss once more and he has no corr nor immo up. do you use corr->immo->SF or just spam SF while decimation is up? (asuming the boss has more than 35%)

Immo, SF spam untill decimation expires. Then add corruption.

Post 23 Mar 2010 11:18

Diivil wrote:-As light as possible if you are not running a high end computer. I did small tweaks to my 3d card configs + addons and my FPS in raids went from 10-14 to 30-35.

Can you elaborate more on this post? I'm not on EU, I'm in US. Is there an e-mail I can contact you by? I'm running a Dell that's been around since 2002, decent graphics card (512mb), 1 gig RAM, and (ewwyyy) and Pentium 4 CPU.

Please PM me, if you don't mind taking a couple minutes, to help me. I do, indeed, pull 10-15 FPS, sometimes it gets as low as 5 FPS on Prof. Putricide, which is ofcourse holding me back a bit.

Thanks in advanced - if not, Hmmm...

Post 23 Mar 2010 18:13

Diivil, first off, thanks for posting a great guide. The tips are fantastic. I do have a couple of questions though, noob as they may be. I've only ever played a aff or destro lock for raiding, and I was away from the game for quite a while so I'm rather under geared (not even t9, working on it but gotta catch up). Would you recommend waiting to go demo until I can gear or go ahead and start doing it now and worry about gear as I go? The raid buff is nice regardless, and we rarely ever even have a lock in raids...

Second, I want to be in demon form as often as possible (provided that the last demon form is saved for the proper time in the boss fight as you stated in the first post), correct? And I keep using my warlock spells during this time, NOT the demon's melee attacks? Or do I use both? I read your rotations and the recommended rotations you've given others on the forums, but I wasn't sure if that's the same during demon form or only when not in demon form...

Thanks again for a great guide!

Post 23 Mar 2010 20:22

Shadowtibbs wrote: Would you recommend waiting to go demo until I can gear or go ahead and start doing it now and worry about gear as I go? The raid buff is nice regardless, and we rarely ever even have a lock in raids...

Go demo if you don't have one already.

Shadowtibbs wrote:Second, I want to be in demon form as often as possible (provided that the last demon form is saved for the proper time in the boss fight as you stated in the first post), correct? And I keep using my warlock spells during this time, NOT the demon's melee attacks? Or do I use both? I read your rotations and the recommended rotations you've given others on the forums, but I wasn't sure if that's the same during demon form or only when not in demon form...

Thanks again for a great guide!

Correct. Only immolation and also charge if you need to get close from the demon form abilities.

Post 24 Mar 2010 13:33

laffinAtU wrote:
Can you elaborate more on this post? I'm not on EU, I'm in US. Is there an e-mail I can contact you by? I'm running a Dell that's been around since 2002, decent graphics card (512mb), 1 gig RAM, and (ewwyyy) and Pentium 4 CPU.

I just went to my 3d settings in my Nvidia control panel and set everything to performance instead of quality.

Re: Small guide for demonology warlocks (updated for 3.3.3)

Post 25 Mar 2010 15:05

Hi Diivil,

i made a list of items to collect during icc 25 hms:

http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20989834

essentially trading off a trinket for more sp/spi. With the new 45 sec DP the SP provided by the Hit trinket might stay up a little bit longer.

Maybe you could comment on the idea of using the trinket. I use it to boost my meta in addition with the orc racial to get some real burst every 2 minutes and especially when blood lust is popped.

Post 27 Mar 2010 11:50

whats the difference in dps wise between 3/3 molten core and 2/3 improved demonic tactics versus 2/3 mc & 3/3 idt?

gz for lk

Post 27 Mar 2010 23:56

HI Diivil, im just wondering how much dps do you pull on average in a 25 man ICC raid?

Post 28 Mar 2010 08:02

jarmob wrote:whats the difference in dps wise between 3/3 molten core and 2/3 improved demonic tactics versus 2/3 mc & 3/3 idt?

According to simulationcraft, 3/3 mc - 2/3 idt is 277 dps better than the other way around.

Aired wrote:HI Diivil, im just wondering how much dps do you pull on average in a 25 man ICC raid?

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/browse/gu ... 1#calendar

Post 28 Mar 2010 08:24

wikke wrote:Hi Diivil,

i made a list of items to collect during icc 25 hms:

http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20989834

essentially trading off a trinket for more sp/spi. With the new 45 sec DP the SP provided by the Hit trinket might stay up a little bit longer.

Maybe you could comment on the idea of using the trinket. I use it to boost my meta in addition with the orc racial to get some real burst every 2 minutes and especially when blood lust is popped.

Sorry for the long time to answer. I did couple of simulations comparing my current gear with a one build around that hit trinket.
Hit trinket / Current

I used Ashen bracers to keep the avarage ilvl around the same.

My conclusion is that they are about the same. It's hard to say if it really is a bit worse or a bit better without spending a lot more time theorycrafting. I would consider it a viable option if you really can get top of the line spirit items.

Using reputation ring instead of another spirit ring would quite likely to be better though, it's just that good..