Shadow Priest Rotation 3.3.5

Shadow Priest Rotation 3.3.5

Post 09 Sep 2010 08:33

Hey!

When I started play on my priest I was shadow and was on like ~10.000dps in 10man iCC with 10% buff. After that I respecced healer and now Im dps again, and now my dps have get lower, I am now at ~8k dps with 30%. So now is my question, what can i do wrong?

My rotation as
Vampiric Touch, Mind Blast, Devouring Plague, Mind Flay, Shadow Word: Pain, VT, MB, MF and then after that I refill dots and kepp MB/MF:ing.

I got 3.200spellpower
900haste/1.100 with Black Magic Proc
30% crit
Someone have a better rotation or what should I gem/enchant better to get better dps?

I enchant: spellpower on everything I can, 10stats on chest, Black Magic on wep and the tailoring embroidery on back (spellpower)

Gems: 12sp/10spirit in blues, some 20haste and 12sp/10haste in yellow and 12sp/10haste or 23sp in Red. Meta is 23crit and 3% increased crit dmg
Thanks /Sputtnick

Re: Shadow Priest Rotation 3.3.5

Post 09 Sep 2010 11:47

User avatarxenophics

Hi,

Kind of hard to comment on your gear (for instance your enchants) without seeing your armory.

I have been asked some of these questions before on other threads, so feel free to read them out. In short, I feel doing good shadow dps comes down to these points:

1. Right spec/gear/gems/glyphs/flasks/basic stuff
2. Not clipping your dots
3. Making sure you don't clip the last tick of your mind flay
4. Knowing the fights
5. Right usage of potions and shadowfiend
7. Keeping your eye out for your trinket/back enchant/ring procs

You can go to www.shadowpriest.com and read around. All the important questions have been discussed and answered there.

Re: Shadow Priest Rotation 3.3.5

Post 12 Sep 2010 01:33

Should also roll with 63 spell power enchant over the black magic but thats just imo, this is mainly because black magic can proc at a bad time say for example you got a debuff and you have to move, you lose some of that buff up time. while 63 spell power will effect your 3 dots as well as your priority attack whether you are mind blasting after every vt or just mind flay spamming. As well it increases the healing done from vampiric embrace, divine hymn. It's a overal better enchant unless you are only doing fights like festergut, deathbringer saurfang.