Healing specs @ Jhazrun

Healing specs @ Jhazrun

Post 18 Dec 2010 17:52

Hey,

I was taking a look at your armory profile and i notice your spec 9/32/0 . I rerolled priest for my guild and I am new to the class. I have done my homework on EJ and understand the basic concept of holy priest. However, I am uncertain as to when and if i should incorporate archangel into my holy rotation. For example, lets say I am healing Magmaw 10R. Right off the bat I'd assume to cast 5 smites and archangel as soon as the adds spawn to get a better healing output and use chakra HW: Chastise to get a better healing out put? After the adds are dead and the melee jump Magmaws head rinse and repeat?

As for disc 32/8/2 I read on EJ that it is only viable to PW:S 3 targets. Also I am to use Heal to bring down the CD of weakened soul? FYI, I am yet to play disc and am not completely certain of the mechanics. However, the mitigation seems to be very useful depending on the fight.

I would like to thank you for your time,
Royqtlol of US Dreden

Re: Healing specs @ Jhazrun

Post 30 Dec 2010 22:56

I have a few question as well.

In your Holy spec, you've taken Rapid Renewal, Blessed Resilience and B&S, opting out of SoL and getting only 1/2 Tome of Light. What lead you to take those talents?

Thanks,

Elethia US-Proudmoore

Post 12 Jan 2011 09:15

User avatarJhazrun

Busy days 'thas been…

The Holy applications of Archangel primarily find themselves in Heroic raid encounters where one comes across both the demand for additional HPS and the mana to support it. Its most prominent scenarios are without doubt the Omnitron and (legitimate) Magmaw, though the Conclave of Wind, Maloriak and Chimaeron also feature favorable conditions should one opt to take those on as Holy.

The arbitrary theory of PW:S doesn't sound valuable to me, and Strength of Soul isn't something one should ever consider bringing 'til 4.0.6.

With its 37 available talent point slots, Holy is tied for the most narrow tree of the thirty. Taking into consideration Tome of Light's benefit to a single niche spell, the redundancy of State of Mind's second point, Desperate Prayer leaving one worse off, and Surge of Light doing nothing, there's really not all that much room left to work with, is there?

Post 21 Jan 2011 00:49

Will you be reconsidering SoL with the inclusion of Greater Heal and Flash Heal, or DP with the buff to its healing? As for the second point in Tomes: even if it only affects one spell, do you use, say, Renew, often enough to make Rapid Renewal a better choice than the further reduced cooldown?

Post 23 Jan 2011 21:57

huhu,

i want to know how many times you used holy smite to stack archangel up? Do you use ist only for the 1% manareg or for the heal?
I think it cost to much mana to stack it up 5 times but the hps is very nice with the stacks.

Any

Post 26 Jan 2011 06:31

User avatarJhazrun

ImpartialSanity wrote:Will you be reconsidering SoL with the inclusion of Greater Heal and Flash Heal, or DP with the buff to its healing? As for the second point in Tomes: even if it only affects one spell, do you use, say, Renew, often enough to make Rapid Renewal a better choice than the further reduced cooldown?

Surge of Light will continue its miserable existence as a non-factor, and Chakra's newfound duration peels off the point in State of Mind to be spent on Desperate Prayer. Renew is a vital element of Chakra: Serenity, and soon-to-be even more so with Binding Heal and the Holy Word likewise refreshing it.

Anyanee wrote:i want to know how many times you used holy smite to stack archangel up? Do you use ist only for the 1% manareg or for the heal? I think it cost to much mana to stack it up 5 times but the hps is very nice with the stacks.

Thanks to Evangelism, the efficiency of Archangel increases with each additional charge-up. As such, it's advisable to fully saturate before release unless otherwise favored by circumstances.