Raiding as an SPriest. Hell ?

Raiding as an SPriest. Hell ?

Post 11 Jan 2011 20:59

Last edited by Krizz on 11 Jan 2011 22:09, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Raiding as an SPriest. Hell ?

Post 11 Jan 2011 21:58

User avatarxenophics

Hi,

www.shadowpriest.com

for everyone with questions.

Re: Raiding as an SPriest. Hell ?

Post 11 Jan 2011 22:51

User avataropex

You want Empowered Shadows always up. Yes it may happen to fall off but its better if you don't let it go. If it falls off this will mean that you've missed to cast Mind Blast waiting for just another Shadow Orb.

I know it takes a long time and there's a lot to read but 'waste' as much time it needs to read most of the threads for at least a month and a half back. You'll get much of the information you asked about here there.

Be sure that you make at least one of the warlocks in the raid loves you and give you the haste buff. You can yank on some arcane mage if you have, to give you hes one too :P

As for the opener on a boss there are a some of cases which ofc you may already know.
It depends on how the fight starts - do you have to run in, fall in, can you be in cast range of the boss without pulling it, how long will it take you to position correctly.
If there are some critters in the room of the boss or around i spam all of them with SW: P or MF to get as much orbs on me as i can. Than i start with MB, than SW: P, (pet), VT, DP and so on.

Honestly i still cant figure out whats the best opener mainly for a stand still starting fight (Patchwerk type). I'll be very glad if a trusted person sheds some light on this.
Generally i start with SW: P, VT, DP, MF until shadow orb than MB. I think that recasting VT after that is a dps loss, but depending on how much of the DP is left it may be ok to recast it. Keep fingers crossed to fix that stupid shadow orb spawn faster.

If i run on pull or fly in like on Nefarian or w/e i cast always first SW: P.
If im in range to start casting VT before pull i cast it, than SW: P. Than DP spam until i get in place, shadow orb must be on by the time so MB comes here and the dots start rolling.
If im not in range to start casting VT i'm running in again with SW: P and DP spam (maybe SW: D to get a bit mana back, no matter that its a dps loss) than if there's a shadow orb MB and then VT ..
Use Mind Spike only on fast dieing adds.