Jhazrun - a trinket question

Jhazrun - a trinket question

Post 12 Jan 2011 09:04

Hiya, thanks for all your input to the community and liberating me from god awful healing ;)

On armoury you have the volcano trinket & JC equipped - I gather this is to pop for fiend (or other abilities ad-hoc?)

I've been playing around with this and seems great, but wondered how you get it to proc in the most efficient way? (especially as boss fights involve stuff that might need some Hit to land the dot on?

I've currently setup a macro to target anything and throw a Devouring Plague on (i'm holy btw) - but wondered about the mana cost of maintaining the DOT versus the gain from the trinket proc - OR - can this be triggered with other abilities? (Shield/PoM/etc...) - what's your approach to get the best out of this trinket?

I can imagine you're loving it when Power torrent procs at the same time as the volcano trinket :)

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Re: Jhazrun - a trinket question

Post 12 Jan 2011 09:55

User avatarJhazrun

The Card in question I picked up for Discipline, and so far have been using it exclusively as such. While I can imagine the spell power as desirable to Holy, it's too severely offset by spell and timing issues wrought by the trigger condition. Discipline, on the other hand, thrives unconditionally with its grand total of +25% INT, Atonement's natural triggers and Rapture's guaranteed payoff.

Post 12 Jan 2011 10:44

Ok thanks, that makes more sense - will give that a try in disc.

What trinket do you use for the holy build? Tsunami+Tyrandes/other? for the regen?

Or just deal with hardmodes with a fishing rod for fun lol?

Post 12 Jan 2011 13:04

User avatarJhazrun

[Core of Ripeness] along with [Dream Owl] are what raid healer mechanics favor for the time being, though odds are I'll wind up with something else for the second come new Tide.

Post 12 Jan 2011 13:54

Ok, thanks very much for your time :)