Shadow priest help! @ Xenophics

Shadow priest help! @ Xenophics

Post 16 Jan 2011 16:34

Hello there!

First of all i wanna apologise because i bet you have had this question asked to you a million times :'( But times changes and just wanna get it out there :D

At the moment i bought a new pc and its getting deliverd within a week as it arives i will be rerolling shadow priest :D
Now i have never played a priest before at a higher level so this is the questions:

What stat is it that you can focus on for leveling up?
What stats have priority at 85? Well i can guess my self that hit is number one but after that? (loved it if you can a list of the stats..Prio 1, Prio 2...)
What is the major addons to use while pve'ing?
Any tips on leveling a shadow priest? :D

Thank you so much for respons in advance and sorry again for these anoying questions :'(

On a side note i have been playing wow since begging of TBC so i've played quite alot but i did quit right around when you killed LK25HC world first, so cataclysm is all new to me :D

Re: Shadow priest help! @ Xenophics

Post 17 Jan 2011 15:30

User avataropex

i wonder why there isn't a "go to http://www.shadowpriest.com " post already, 'cause obviously this is how most shadow-threads end up recently...
p.s. i know there are some dumb questions with obvious answers of which everybody has а blister on the lips of repeating the same thing over and over again in every new post, but there are many questions which end up either with the above or with no answer at all.

Post 18 Jan 2011 14:59

User avatarxenophics

I'm really sorry everyone for I haven't taken time to answer all your questions. The thing is we are still raiding daily, I have school and I also have to organize tons of other things. A regular long answer with all the links to threads I'm referring to takes around 20-40 minutes from me to write, and I simply do not have the time nor the energy for that task.

Simply put, I don't really enjoy putting up long posts about mechanics and I think there is great discussion on www.shadowpriest.com where you can read the points from the original posters who deserve the honors. Myself I just try to concentrate on the things I like doing at the moment, so I don't burn out. Again, I'm sorry but I'll get back to these threads later, probably when we are 13/13.

Post 30 Jan 2011 21:12

You are going to School ? As a teacher, a Student or what ?

Post 01 Feb 2011 13:12

User avatarxenophics

Congo wrote:What stat is it that you can focus on for leveling up?

Intellect is the best, I'd throw in some hit and/or spirit to miss (and get frustrated) less. Don't bother with crit, mastery or haste that much.

Congo wrote:What stats have priority at 85? Well i can guess my self that hit is number one but after that?

At the moment the list goes like this (for "medium gear levels"):

Int Spi SP Hit Crit Haste Mastery
Scale Factors 2.8786 1.0538 2.1101 1.0549 1.1680 1.1994 0.9710
Normalized 1.0000 0.3661 0.7330 0.3664 0.4057 0.4166 0.3373

(Taken from http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/820 ... iest-Guide )

List: int > sp > hit > spirit > haste > crit > mastery

Congo wrote:What is the major addons to use while pve'ing?

Everyone prefers different addons but I'd advise you to get grid (you'll need to dispel and assist the raid someway anyway as a priest), some unit frame addon, some actionbar addon and a dot timer is a must!

Our ranged dps UI discussion thread can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=352

Congo wrote:Any tips on leveling a shadow priest? :D

Leveling up is a great time to learn to use your trinket and mana cooldowns correctly.

Post 01 Feb 2011 13:13

User avatarxenophics

Xique wrote:You are going to School ? As a teacher, a Student or what ?

Still a student. I have a feeling my mind would have exploded if I had to progress and teach at the same time!

Post 01 Feb 2011 17:32

now you have my respect ! be a student and play wow in the best guild in the world(my opinion). thats pretty much to do ^^
what do you study ?

Post 01 Feb 2011 18:18

User avatarxenophics

The direct translate would be "digital communications". It involves topics such as graphic design, photography, some coding, media research and knowledge etc. I really love it there.

Post 01 Feb 2011 21:00

Well, my course is very silimar. I don't realy Know the Name in english but also something like that.
Yeah i realy Love it, too.