Spec and reforging questions.

Spec and reforging questions.

Post 25 Jan 2011 11:17

Hello after the Sinestra kill that you guys did I looked up both of the priests (Zhinn and Jhazrun) and I noticed that both priests had a 8/31/2 spec with Archangel in the spec.

I understand why they went into Archangel because its a pretty nice spec. But what doesn't make sense is after the Sinestra kill both priests were taking away any stat they could to get haste but now that I looked them up again and Jhazrun is going back to mastery and back to a 6/32/3 spec. And Zhinn is still going for haste and with a 8/31/2 spec. So my main questions are.....

Why did Jhazrun go back to a 6/32/3 spec and reforge back to some of his/her gear with haste and mastery instead of just one stat? And why did Zhinn stay with haste and not reforge like Jhazrun?

Thank you guys for the advice, I'm just trying how to best play my role as a holy priest and well you guys are the top guild and players in the world, so any input you have would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Spec and reforging questions.

Post 25 Jan 2011 11:57

Post 26 Jan 2011 06:50

User avatarJhazrun

Al'Akir(-HC) weighs heavily on one's efficiency, discouraging consumptive investments such as Haste or Archangel.

Post 26 Jan 2011 23:02

Thank you Zhinn and Jhazrun for clearing that up for me.

Post 27 Jan 2011 11:38

What would you guys (Zhinn and Jhazrun) recomend for a holy priest to reforge for when my guild is 9/12 10m and progressing fast and my others healers are a paladin and a resto druid?

Post 28 Jan 2011 01:12

User avatarJhazrun

Dastoutman wrote:What would you guys (Zhinn and Jhazrun) recomend for a holy priest to reforge for when my guild is 9/12 10m and progressing fast and my others healers are a paladin and a resto druid?

I'll tell you what I wind up telling nine out of ten priests, regardless of the original queries: Leave Holy out of ten-mans. It'll let you down.

Having said that, Discipline doesn't care about your secondary stats.

Post 28 Jan 2011 12:34

Jhazrun wrote:I'll tell you what I wind up telling nine out of ten priests, regardless of the original queries: Leave Holy out of ten-mans. It'll let you down.

Having said that, Discipline doesn't care about your secondary stats
Could you elaborate this a bit? Current prevalent opinion is that disc is inferior to holy at raid healing and that if PW:B/PS is not essential to beating the encounter you should go that role, tank healing is a different matter but that's mostly still in domain of paladins.

Thanks.

Post 28 Jan 2011 20:55

User avatarJhazrun

mixer wrote:Current prevalent opinion is that disc is inferior to holy at raid healing

Ten-man environment operates differently from that of twenty-five. All one has is a couple of parties, and the trends and compositions of the disproportionately-publicized 25-mans are often of ill fit.

The shape of Holy's output is tyrannized by Prayer of Healing, and said damage patterns are only provided in limited volume by ten-man encounters. Holy's left as a round peg in face of square holes as far as the eye can see (barring Magmaw, Al'Akir and Sinestra, which are octagons), without even the support of Mana Tide to brute-force through.