Raid Compilation ( to many priests?)

Raid Compilation ( to many priests?)

Post 02 Feb 2011 20:12

Congratulations paragon on your successive raiding. I've enjoyed watching your and other leading guilds videos to witness the encounters ahead of time. After all that grinding I understand that you all would like some rest and relaxation and enjoying your time. That's why I'm asking for any and all input though I would greatly appreciate to hear from zhinn, jazh, or even xeno on their opinion seeing as you have all pushed content to its extreme and have a first hand experience.

Our guild is a 25 man guild and originally I was to be a shadow priest. As a result I went engi/alch just because I wanted to be a dragon + engi is sexy for casters. Unfortunately though they wanted me to heal for them so i've been specced as shadow/holy with more often then not healing for the raid. This means that I don't get access to the JC trinket which I know is highly valued to holy.

The main issue though however is I'm kind of treated as a swing healer, where sometimes I heal sometimes I'm dpsing. We are currently 9/12, and my questin is do you think our healer make up would be capable of pushing heroic content. I'm slightly worried because of me being a swing plus we also have a lot of healers to begin with. Commonly we end up seven healing encounters which is a little ridiculous to me, sometimes even 8 if we have an extra healer and I'm not shadow. On top of that, we commonly have another holy priest, and a disc priest that always attend. This makes me a third priest healer.

If it makes any decisions easier the basic healer compilation consists of:
2 resto shammies
1 pally
1 resto druid
1 holy priest
1 disc priest

then there is me or either another pally healer if they are on. So basically I'm wondering, am i truly value to our raid with so many healers and already priests. Should I try telling the leader I would be of more use if I went full shadow ( we have a full time shadow priest also) or should i tell them to let me go disc/holy and swing to the more beneficial role for encounter as the other two priests are purely holy or disc. Or should I just end up rerolling a toon as they could do better with a different combination. I know blizzard states bring the player not the class, but there are encounters out there where that is just not the case at all.

Re: Raid Compilation ( to many priests?)

Post 03 Feb 2011 22:32

2 healing priests are enough for any encounter (heroic or normal 25) and I recommend having those 2 always on every boss. Also you should really really get 1-2 more holy paladins who raid regurarly, otherwise heroic modes are going to be a serious pain.

It is also worth having 1 backup healer priest like we have xeno. When me or Jhazrun are not raiding, xeno can just activate secondary spec and voila, bosses go down like flies. Maybe you can play that part in your raids. Always shadow, except when 1 priest is missing from the raid.

And regarding that jc trinket, it is really good, but not in the next patch (coming soon). So I wouldnt reroll a profession just for that reason alone any more.

zin