Haste - a myth?

Re: Haste - a myth?

Post 17 Jul 2011 01:16

User avatarSylphura

Thanks for the swift response. I figured there had to be something wrong with what I was looking at. Just had to be sure. It was really bugging me. xD

Good luck with Heroic Ragnaros! I wish you all the best.

Post 19 Jul 2011 11:25

Haste buffs for darkness are multiplicative so 1 point will always be beneficial.

Post 19 Jul 2011 19:37

Jhaz,

Can you please explain in more detail the benefit of haste for Disc in 10mans? I raid lead a group, which consists of a Disc Priest who favors Mastery/Crit over Haste. He currently sits at 5.92% unbuffed haste, with no points in Darkness. Our other healers are a Holy Paladin and Resto Shaman, so he is mostly assigned to raid healing.

He could probably gain an extra 8%+ haste via reforging/talents, should he do this? What would this improve for him? Faster shields or is it mainly used for his other healing spells, Smite/Holy Fire/GHeal/ProH?

Also an unrelated question - why do you choose Heartsong over Power Torrent?

My apologies for asking for you to break it down on an elementary level, but thank you in advanced. Cheers.

Post 20 Jul 2011 12:25

Pezjb I have reverted back to disc for 10 man. Whilst in theory haste is better for 10 man, my finding is as an Aussie playing on a US server with transcontinental lag and an older computer that crit/mastery performs better for me.

Post 20 Jul 2011 17:48

User avatarJhazrun

pezjb wrote:Can you please explain in more detail the benefit of haste for Disc in 10mans?

Ten-man environments generally don't let one rely on PW:S, and the other stuff really, really likes Haste.

pezjb wrote:I raid lead a group, which consists of a Disc Priest who favors Mastery/Crit over Haste. He currently sits at 5.92% unbuffed haste, with no points in Darkness. Our other healers are a Holy Paladin and Resto Shaman, so he is mostly assigned to raid healing. He could probably gain an extra 8%+ haste via reforging/talents, should he do this? What would this improve for him? Faster shields or is it mainly used for his other healing spells, Smite/Holy Fire/GHeal/ProH?

So how does it work for him?

pezjb wrote:Also an unrelated question - why do you choose Heartsong over Power Torrent?

Holy's game, Holy's rules.

Post 20 Jul 2011 19:24

pezjb wrote:I raid lead a group, which consists of a Disc Priest who favors Mastery/Crit over Haste. He currently sits at 5.92% unbuffed haste, with no points in Darkness. Our other healers are a Holy Paladin and Resto Shaman, so he is mostly assigned to raid healing. He could probably gain an extra 8%+ haste via reforging/talents, should he do this? What would this improve for him? Faster shields or is it mainly used for his other healing spells, Smite/Holy Fire/GHeal/ProH?

So how does it work for him?

I guess it works pretty well for him, he does well HPS-wise, but often complains about how he feels limited on how to improve his throughput. Haste would probably improve that throughput.

Anyways, your simple answers were informative. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Post 21 Jul 2011 12:48

I personaly don't hink that haste is a tool to get one extra tick from Renew and DH. I prefer for 25M raids to go with a mix of haste and mastery. Usualy blanketing groups with Devine Aegis if mana isn't an issue. I use PW:S only if people drop dangerously low, one the tanks and if someone gets hurt by a particular dmg source.
What do you say about my strategy?

Yours
Ridance

Post 21 Jul 2011 13:14

User avatarJhazrun

Ridance wrote:I personaly don't hink that haste is a tool to get one extra tick from Renew and DH.

That couldn't possibly be because we're talking about Holy and not Discipline, could it?

Ridance wrote:I prefer for 25M raids to go with a mix of haste and mastery. Usualy blanketing groups with Devine Aegis if mana isn't an issue. I use PW:S only if people drop dangerously low, one the tanks and if someone gets hurt by a particular dmg source.

Post 21 Jul 2011 15:18

Don't get it :D

I'm doing fine and my healing output isn't bad. What do you mean Jhaz?